The Women Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

Did not know it was a re-make, but I was almost half way through before the penny dropped, and I realised that, although men were an important part of the storyline, there had not been a single male actor in shot. Stunningly well done.

• Aug 15, 2017

First I want to say, interesting how all the main and harsh critics are men... Nevertheless, I love this movie. I haven't seen the original, but it seems all of you were expecting to see the same movie. However, I guess lax chick flicks like this don't get the highest ratings ever. If you're looking for an Oscar nom or a 1930's remake, this isn't for you. If you're looking for a film about real successful women and situations for a chill night, I recommend this!

• Jul 02, 2017

Absolute crap. Phenomenal talent, completely wasted.

Absolute crap. Phenomenal talent, completely wasted.

• Mar 18, 2017

It's watchable, but it's pretty bad. Say you had a group of g/f's over, you could watch it b/c it doesn't really matter if you pay attention, the plot kinda wonky, it's more of a glossy commercial for hair pieces, houses and clothes than anything else.

• Mar 07, 2017

Amusing. Entertaining. Lovely cast of strong women.

Amusing. Entertaining. Lovely cast of strong women.

• Jan 07, 2017

For having all women in the film, women writing and directing this piece, you'd think they wouldn't validly write women in such broad cliche strokes. Totally meaningless.

• Aug 15, 2015

In the beginning it looks like it's gonna be a talk talk talk movie , it was a bit but when comes out that Mary's husband sheet her with Crystal the story went a bit better . Anette Bening was a terrible caracter in this one !!! SOMDVD

• Jul 21, 2015

I really enjoyed the relationships and friendships that were developed and followed throughout the movie.

• Jun 18, 2015

This was an okay film, with good characters. I struggle thru one hour of the movie, after I understood it. This had some of the good looking ladies. Sometimes I thought they over acted in the film, but at the end it ended with an interesting point to understand. So for this being an okay film and mostly the whole point is told to a women and its reffer to a women, I give "The Women" a C.

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    May 06, 2015

Even though I haven't seen the original, I don't think this remake is deserving of all its bad reviews. The women ARE types, but they represent all the different complexities of women, for better or worse: the woman who tries to be everything (Mary), the woman who IS everything until she isn't (Sylvie), the woman who knows everything and shares it (Tanya), the woman who knows everything and hides it (Edie and Catherine), the woman who observes everything and just laughs (Alex), and the woman who wants everything just because (Crystal). That last motivation for the ostensible villain is admittedly weak, but the rest of the movie isn't so much rah-rah woman-power, but just woman-life without posturing, cattiness, or easy choices.