Surrogates Reviews

• Sep 27, 2019

The idea is there. It really is. Big bruce willis fan, i actually enjoyed this but anything sci-fi is a must for me.

• Apr 25, 2019

I cannot for the life of me the low ratings this movie received. It's speculative fiction at its finest. The EXTREMELY logical progression from a Surrogate-free world to a Surrogate-filled world is stunning. The ONLY shortfall of the movie is the illogical use of cellphones that are not built into the Surrogates.

• Jan 23, 2019

I know I may be alone in this opinion, but I liked this flick--it was different. I'll admit the development wasn't perfect, but it made a lot of good points, when you think of smart phone use today, or should I say overuse. I've seen my niece and her husband ignore me and their children at the dinner table to play a video game together on their phones, which was rude and bad for the kids, since both parents work and this is their only family time. The plot also reminds me of one of my favorite stories from English Lit in high school--The Machine Stops ( or in this case, machines plural).

• May 28, 2018

cool movie with a great premise and interesting story. good action and lots of creative sci-fi aspects. it also has major flaws and could have been better in many ways. i thought about giving it a 3.0 but i find it very entertaining and i love the sci-fi-ness. and i see myself watching it again (about 3 viewings)

• May 09, 2018

38% ??!? Are crapping me rotten tomatoes? Jeez this movie seems more plausible in 2018 than ever. Solid sci fi movie, and Bruce Willis is tough. Get it together RT!

• Feb 07, 2018

This is pretty watchable and the opening 30 mins showed a promising idea...then it turned into a Terminator 3 movie with lots of action and very little flare.

• Sep 02, 2017

One of my favourite movies. Thoughtful and well-done, and creating a world that is not outside the realm of possibility according to futuristic shows such as Year Million.

• Aug 06, 2017

Had it embraced the esoteric questions about human nature & empathy buried in the premise more fully it could've been a more interesting piece. As it is it's a serviceable Bruce Willis action vehicle with some recent performances. It's the same concern as Will Smith's 'I, Robot' another movie with a great premise delving into human nature & mind-machine interfaces and their impact on our future social evolution as species.

• Apr 23, 2017

I liked this film, I liked the theme of how technology is taking over everyone's lives. Cool robot stuff. In other ways it was a typical action movie.

• Mar 17, 2017

This movie is really not that bad! Actually I really liked the unique plot, and Bruce Willis really does what he can, and is great for the role. I was positive surprised after watching it, and I can watch it over again since then. It's not the biggest epic sci-fi movie, but definitely wort to watch.