Thick As Thieves Reviews

• May 13, 2015

Fun and fast paced little dramedy that's a fine one time watch.

Fun and fast paced little dramedy that's a fine one time watch.

• Jan 27, 2015

A clever and funny movie - one of my favorites.

A clever and funny movie - one of my favorites.

• Sep 17, 2013

An amusing morality tale about the pitfalls of being a pretentious cheapskate

An amusing morality tale about the pitfalls of being a pretentious cheapskate

• Jeffrey M Super Reviewer
    Jul 13, 2011

Though ultimately a familiar story, Thick as Thieves departs from the lone assassin archetype and instead makes it more of a buddy criminal movie with a quirky sense of humor. Alec Baldwin is at his usual best, with the rest of the film being made up of familiar character actors. Who doesn't work, however, is Michael Jai White, who was completely over-the-top, and seemingly out of place the entire movie. The film also certainly lacks at character development, we never appreciate the camaraderie or history behind the characters. Still, for all of its going through the motions, it is always watchable.

• May 07, 2011

awesome awesome jazz soundtrack... the best... late 50's and 60's id say... decent movie for what it is... we liked!

• Jan 23, 2011

People seem to get this movie confused with a Morgan Freeman movie called The Code. This one's plot can be a little confusing, but it's your basic crime drama. The movie seems like it was rushed a little in filming.

• Cassandra M Super Reviewer
    Aug 11, 2010

watched this movie late at night, but I was right wide awake! The movie is a story about a thief who after a successful assignment, escapes a attempt at killing him and seeks for revenge after a black gangster who likes the fine things in live. The movie distinguishes itself from other crime movies because of the humor and the witty and funny dialog. Michael Jai White proves to be a very good actor. I knew him from Spawn, but this role is completely different and he is impressive. Baldwin is a very versatile actor who does great in his role as Mackin the thief. The other roles a nicely casted too. It is a well paced, intelligent humorous gangster movie. Rebecca DeMornay proves that you don't have to have a big role to impress. She reminded me of Frances McDormand in Fargo. I can't understand why I didn't hear about this movie before. An example of gems waiting to be discovered by the audience. I loved it.

• Jul 29, 2010

Thoroughly enjoyable comedy of criminal errors with an interesting cast. Michael Jai White is cracking as a crime boss with aspirations. My man, Andre Braugher, is excellent as his aide.

• Oct 09, 2009

Thick as Thieves is a crime caper/doublecross flick that seemed to lack passion as it twisted about. Enough action to keep it moving, but not enough character depth to be moving.

• Jul 23, 2009

Good, but mostly because of Morgan Freeman's role and the fact that Radha Mitchell is so hot. Otherwise this movie likely would be down in the 2 star range. I found it hard to understand what they were saying often, which irritates me in movies (maybe my hearing is going out)... and the end was a big vague and the whole plot is far too "typical" for this kind of movie. 3 stars, only because of Morgan Freeman and Radha Mitchell.