All American Christmas Carol Reviews

• Jan 01, 2018

Trashy and embarrassingly bad. Don't watch this during Christmas time. (First and only viewing - December 2017)

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jan 17, 2016

An appalling rendition of Charles Dickens' classic, All American Christmas Carol is monotonous tripe. In the film an unemployed, trailer trash mother is visited by four ghosts who warn her that if she doesn't change her ways she will end up destroying her family. Taryn Manning gives a terrible performance that doesn't imbue any sympathy for her character. In fact most of the performances are bad and none of the visitations are that impactful. Poorly written and poorly filmed, All American Christmas Carol is extremely shallow and vapid.

• Jan 11, 2015

Easily one of the worst and unfunniest Christmas movies ever made, possibly one of the worst movies of the past decade

• Jan 03, 2015

This was actually really good.

This was actually really good.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Dec 24, 2014

I have always loved Charles Dicken's classic, A Christmas Carol. I have seen literally dozens of adaptations of it and I still find it to be one of the greatest things ever written. All American Christmas Carol is a redneck take on the story, and while it wasn't a bad film, it wasn't what I thought it would be. Cindy (Taryn Manning) is a single mother, who has three kids from three different men, and she's not even thirty. Her drunken, partying life style doesn't even cover the bills to keep her three kids, Harley (Tristan Lake Leabu), Skoal, and Cheese Doodle in their trailer. Her life and family are headed for disaster, when Harley's father, aptly named Jake Marley, dies in a paintball accident. After the funeral those three ghosts we all know and love show up and try to put Cindy on the right path. This film was unrated and had all the makings of another terrific raunchy Christmas film. I was expecting Bad Santa, instead I got it's Duck Dynasty-esq PG-13 cousin. Kill Theories, Taryn Manning stars and she was great, she was far more believable than any of the ghosts and really made you feel for her character. The other stand out in the film is young Tristan Lake Leabu, who plays her oldest son, Harley. Harley is the man of the house at the ripe old age of 13. With the hilarious redneck antics going on around him, it's hard to remember that he's doing a man's job at a child's age. Leabu played the both sides of this character and did so with the ease of an actor far beyond his years. This is not your typical Christmas Carol, it's not all that raunchy either, but for it was, I was pretty entertaining. I wish they had taken it to the next level and really gone all out with the comedy, but still it didn't take that much away from the film. Rednecks let this film be a warning to you, if you don't do more than drink and have sex, the ghosts of loved ones passed will haunt you and it will be hilarious.

• Dec 24, 2014

Not bad, probably kind of forgettable. Mostly a fun take on the classic.

Not bad, probably kind of forgettable. Mostly a fun take on the classic.

• Dec 14, 2014