All the Money in the World Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

Well acted, well shot, and overall well done movie that makes you ask why there are so many horrible people in the world. 8/10

• Aug 20, 2019

All The Money In The World (7.5) is a very entertaining watch which for some reason reminded me of The Wolf Of Wall Street in many ways. It is based on fascinating real-life events which it stays true to until near the end, when it unfortunately indulges in a much less plausible version of the finale. Christopher Plummer is outstanding it, as are Charlie Plummer (no relation!) and Mark Wahlberg, whilst Michelle Williams' performance (and accent) weakens towards the end. But this film is really well worth seeing too! Verdict : Very Good

• Jun 03, 2019

Entertaining and truly gripping!

Entertaining and truly gripping!

• May 17, 2019

Dies a bit in the last act, but a good enough account of a very interesting man. Plummer should have been picked over the shamed Spacey from the beginning. A true case of name over talent. They shoe-horn him into the re-shoots really well.

• Mar 08, 2019

Probably shouldn't have watched this after the tv series about the same crime. This one was shorter but felt longer. Williams is good but the rest is a slog that isn't worth it.

• Feb 23, 2019

An incredible performance from Christopher Plummer (who, famously, only had weeks to prepare to re-shoot Kevin Spacey's role) really anchors things, and it's his portrayal of a fascinatingly despicable man that makes it worth watching. As for the rest of it, although the story is an interesting one with some unbelievable events, the film and its portrayal of them is slow and feels like it drags a lot before getting to the point. As a consequence, it's not as engaging as it should be and I found myself checking my watch more than once. There are a few highlights and it's decent enough, but ultimately, it's a bit disappointing. If there's one take-away and a point worth remembering, it's a reinforcement of the wise saying: "Some people are so poor, all they have is money".

• Feb 08, 2019

This does deliver on all of it's genre tags, however it is really poorly executed and the general audience was very bored and they let their voices be heard. It was very un-entertaining and it wasn't fun at all. On top of all this it was really lazy and had a HUGE pacing issue and the plot did not take off even after 20 minutes in the movie. It was very simple, and the anti climactic ending just added to all the flaws this movie already had. The writing was lazy too, the acting was average at best (I love Mark Wahlberg's movies but I don't know how did he get involved with this) and the directing style wasn't creative either. It was 'Lazy' if it where to describe it with one word. I do not consider this movie to hold really amazing art value. I did expect more. Overall it's an average movie with a decent message at the end but up until that point it was really awful.

• Jan 20, 2019

A passable thriller that is based on a true kidnapping. More graphic than I thought it would be, and also not as good. (First and only viewing - 1/7/2019)

• Jan 01, 2019

Entertaining for sure, but the overall movie felt a little flat to me. It seemed as though the film was ultimately centered around Getty's fortune, understandably so (i.e. the title of the movie), and less around the actual kidnapping. The films "crescendo" just didn't feel satisfying to me.

• Dec 26, 2018

Wow great movie, lots of suspense !

Wow great movie, lots of suspense !