Apollo 18 Reviews

• Nov 29, 2019

This is the kind of slow burn film that is not appreciated anymore. The tension keeps building throughout and sets you up for a tragedy ending to then give you a false sense of hope that then gives you the payoff you were anticipating. The body horror was great, you could understand the characters actions and it was as believable a movie about aliens could be since K-PAX. I went in not knowing the conspiracies theories and did not compare it to other found footage horror films. I now see the similarity to Blair Witch and it took inspiration from the Paranormal Activity sequels camera set up but it stood on its own as an effective horror science fiction experience.

• Nov 25, 2019

It had a couple moments that were pretty good but overall I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't captivating enough. But if you're a junkie for found footage and need to see another one, you could do a lot worse than Apollo 18. On a $5M budget the film raked in $25M worldwide.

• Nov 02, 2019

the found footage technique makes the film quite dull. visuals are consequentially weak and because the narrative is very predictable, there is not much to watch. performances are fine but garbled by the confused direction.

• Oct 25, 2019

“Found footage” horror film that’s more likely to bore you to death.

“Found footage” horror film that’s more likely to bore you to death.

• Oct 03, 2019

All the other reviewers are snobs. It's not bad. The film knew what it was trying to be, which is more than I can say for many horror movies nowadays. People are saying it's a boring found footage movie because there's no cheesy over-the-top horror cliches, I guess. Anyways, give it a watch. It's honestly pretty entertaining.

• Sep 07, 2019

5/10. 53/100

5/10. 53/100

• Sep 03, 2019

i mean; i did jump a few times because *jump scares* but the rest of it was really boring.

• Sep 01, 2019

The "found footage" technique doesn't compensate for the lack of an interesting story line or character development. As Alien-ripoffs go, this one isn't very good.

• Jul 20, 2019

Great aesthetic, too bad the movie feels like its ten hours longer than it is. D

• Jul 19, 2019

A better ending or climax could of possibly saved this flim but to spend majority of your time waiting just to be left with a sour taste in your mouth.....