Autómata Reviews

• Nov 29, 2019

A great film, the ying to blade runners yang. Banderas in the greatest filmrole I have seen him play. The artistry is nice, perhaps a little under played due to bugitary constraints (blade runner bombed so blame that), great cast (Darlings casting I personally cannot see past though) .Rather than blade runners murderous passoinate sexual persona cyborgs, the androids in this film are uniquely indistinct, there are no sins to account for or no possible world takeover and they will die ten a penny to prove it. If blade runner ask if cyborgs dream of electric sheep, this film questions as to why humans should dream of sheep and why such should be a cliché . The presence and purpous of Irobots superior beings is inconcequential to the question, "does your humanity mean you are alive?". Shades of Descartes are demonstrated in a setting of bleak catastrophe and the human traits that devour us. Like blade runner though, it too is an unrecognised piece of art that I summise will too be recognised "at a later date", one more into the annals of gattaca blade runner etc. 4.5 stars due to it could have been better if it had another 100m dollar to play with.

• Oct 24, 2019

Worth a watch for robots alone - design & execution great. Banderas good too. Shame confusing story & cheesy acting elsewhere let it down. But deserves better rating.

• Sep 20, 2019

I really don't understand the bad reviews of this movie. Yes, it is visually stunning, but in this day and age of nothing but superhero movies and redo's of movies from the 80's this stands out as one of the best movies in quite sometime. To understand the dichotomy between this film and what is really happening with our present technological hunger to create AI is quite frightening. I think this should be on everyone's top 10 movies to see right now.

• Mar 07, 2019

Beautiful setting and initial idea, but wow, the story is just poor and so is the acting.

• Jan 17, 2019

A lot less interesting version of I,Robot.

A lot less interesting version of I,Robot.

• Jul 30, 2018

A cross between Philip K Dick's "Blade Runner", "I, Robot" and the Twilight Zone episode called "The Lonely" released in 1959. It opens with an introduction where the ecosystem where there is a complete drought where there is 25 million humans throughout the entire world with more than enough robots to serve them. Antonio Banderas plays robot Insurance agent Jacq Vaucan investigating a small surge of robots possessing the ability to fix themselves and to consist human abilities. And as it turns out, it was soon discovered that their is a nuclear mechanism that has the ability to make that possible with Jacques searching for the clockmaker who made the device.

• Jul 14, 2018

What's the link between technology and consciousness? What happens when machines become aware of itself and surroundings? Would a machine that achieved consciousness legally liable for its actions? Ultimately would and could such a conscious machine transcend to the great I Am? This is an important film. The other important theme the strong, caring, visionary father/ spouse who must balance work with family. He receives no support from his sheepish wife. His heartfelt sacrifice is profound.

• Apr 27, 2018

It's stupid. Mornin'.

It's stupid. Mornin'.

• Mar 18, 2018

The story has been told, the ending is predictable, but it has not been done so well in such a simple way, to say it has no depth or feeling is to not understand, is to not attempt to invest yourself in the emotions the characters express, the symbolism, nothing was over expressed like most movies, and yes the movie was beautiful, but emotions were expressed with real visible thought behind them, I would take this movie over either blade runner, chappy or any other similar movie, honestly surprised by the ratings here, only other comparable movie would be A.I. Artificial Intelligence, but that probably doesn't have a good rating either on here, do not let the reviews on here discourage you from seeing this film, its one to watch and own physically.

• Feb 08, 2018

It starts off interesting, but after the horrible cameo by Griffith, it quickly goes downhill, disappointing.