Blade Runner 2049 Reviews

• 23h ago

My all-time favourite! What Denis Villeneuve did is just spectacular in every sense!

• 4d ago

A worthwhile homage to the original.

A worthwhile homage to the original.

• 5d ago

Almost as good as the original.

Almost as good as the original.

• 5d ago

Well i considere it interesting, but it has a lot of loose ends and it seems like they could have explored a lot more of the story. After all, it's a good movie but no big deal.

• 6d ago

First off I've been a fan of the first movie, Blade Runner, since I was a child with unrestricted access to HBO because of hard working parents who would rather pay for cable than a babysitter. The original movie unlike other science fiction/fantasy titles never lost substance and held up for me throughout the test of time all these many years later. This new addition, Blade Runner 2049, is as near a perfect follow up to the original Blade Runner movie as the sequential novelizations by K.W. Jeter a very good writer and friend of P.K. Dick the amazing author who wrote the original story that inspired the first movie. Jeter's novels even incorporated some materials and characters from P.K. Dicks original story "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep". Jeter's novels were a more perfect follow up that incorporated more prior first movie history about the world of Blade Runner, the origins of the name for the movie, and how various factors of human expansion into space effected the Earth's environment and humanity as a whole while also better reusing slightly older versions of the main characters from the first movie. It would have been a wonderful screenplay for followup movies back in the early 1990's. I truely wish those movies had happened, but unfortunately such was not the case possibly due to the lack of the first movies original success and because the scope of budget would have been too risky for the studios at that time. All that said, Blade Runner 2049 is cast beautifully within this world and even takes several elements from the original movie by Sir Ridley Scott and Jeter's amazing novels though I will not reveal those here because of heavy spoilers to that movie and all related novels by both Jeter and Dick. I can tell the new director, Denis Villeneuve, must of read Jeter's books or at least reviewed a summary of them and he was careful to keep all the technical details of Sir Scott's original movie while maintaining continuity of cinematic overtones within both movies audio visual formatting. I give this move five stars and a sold "A" for it's faithful follow up to the original movie. As a stand alone movie without deep consideration for the source material I give it a "B+" with a four stars. Ultimately, I believe an all CGI reproduction on an online streaming service that is faithful to K.W. Jeter's sequential novels would be a wonderful wrap to the original source material and maybe one day that might happen. Until then this franchise seems to be in good hands.

• Dec 05, 2019

The first Blade Runner had me on the edge of my seat, so you can imagine how excited I was to see this film with Ryan Gosling as the lead, Harrison Ford reprising his role as Rick Deckard and a new story. While the film looks appealing with beautifully rich, dystopian environments and the story is full of twists and turns, the pacing is unbelievably slow. The film certainly takes its time with progression, so you will either love or hate this film based on whether or not you're willing to sit for long periods of time and wait for something interesting to happen. There are long conversational scenes with small bursts of action in between. More importantly, because of the story's subject, this sequel feels unnecessary as it doesn't introduce anything that we haven't seen already.

• Dec 01, 2019

Its really good! I mean not as good as the original but still really good story, acting, action sceens and its vissuly a masterpiece! 9:10

• Nov 30, 2019

The rare sequel that is better than the original?

The rare sequel that is better than the original?

• Nov 30, 2019

It's a movie who narrate a character more than a story using any artistic element on hand, the movie makes undergo so many emotions to the audience that he is forced to understand

• Nov 29, 2019

A struggle not to fall asleep. Slowest movie ever.

A struggle not to fall asleep. Slowest movie ever.