Breaking In Reviews

• Oct 16, 2019

this is another one of the late Burt Reynolds' best works from back in the day he plays a cat burglar, Ernie reaching the end of his prime, when he runs into a younger thief, Mike he decides to teach him the ropes the thing is he has a strict system in place; no personal spending when robbing the money, no personal connections to the job, no unemployment otherwise you have too much extra cash lying around as you'd expect Mike wants to learn from the best smuggling as much money from one job to the next but he gets caught up in his own misguided ways everything from buying a car to hookers to having a fancy apartment has Mike reconsider the whole profession not a lot of laughs in this caper but Reynolds has such a quirky quality to him it's a throwback to his start as an actor, he's still got it we're only as good as the job allows us to be, more people ruin their careers because of their bad habits, being a newbie to the game is one thing being a professional afterwards is another a relaxing little flick that shows us the next generation can slowly pick up from the one before even though it takes time to fully master and craft those skills

• Apr 16, 2015

If you only heard this premise you'd probably say no thanks and miss out on one fine movie.

• Sep 23, 2014

Solid movie, could have used a better lead, Casey Siemaszko is just sort of strange and not very good. Otherwise pretty enjoyable.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Mar 25, 2013

Unusual buddy film as old hand burglar/safecracker Reynolds (thankfully lowkey for a change - avoiding his usual big Cheesy Ham persona) takes in a young guy and teaches him the ropes of nighttime illegality. Its better than you might think and also good on the difficult reality of actually breaking into a place designed to keep people out, quite unlike the plethora of Hollywood films that depict breaking and entering to be as easy as pulling a plastic card out of yer back pocket.

• Feb 23, 2013

Burt Reynolds was good, not his usual style, that's about it. The young guy who was in it more than Burt was so uninteresting, I almost turned off the film after half an hour, it's obviously meant to be his film, not Burt's, unfortunately he sucks at acting and the film fails to be entertaining because of that. Avoid at all costs.

• Nov 23, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Well-acted and entertaining.

• Nov 14, 2012

A fun caper movie. (Watch for a Harry Carey jr cameo)

A fun caper movie. (Watch for a Harry Carey jr cameo)

• Aug 12, 2010

Low-key in a good way, but it's not terribly memorable. It does have one of the best bad poetry jokes I've heard in a while, though.

• Brody M Super Reviewer