Bridesmaids Reviews

• Nov 15, 2019

A staple comedy that could be rewatched 100 times and still manage to get new laughs.

• Oct 11, 2019

7/10 A comedy with a lot of chuckles, but few hearty laughs.

7/10 A comedy with a lot of chuckles, but few hearty laughs.

• Oct 08, 2019

This is simply garbage. I felt that me and some others would like it, and we both had to turn it off. Even my mom thought it looked okay, and I thought it was as well. But when we turned it on, it was like bleeding cancer. None of the jokes landed. Everything about it was benign. But then they throw anything to make us laugh and there was nothing. I was completely bored by the characters, and overwhelmingly disappointed at the results. I would give this zero stars because that's what it was. Nothing.

• Sep 29, 2019

One of my top comedies. Rivals (or tops) male-centric movies like the Hangover.

One of my top comedies. Rivals (or tops) male-centric movies like the Hangover.

• Sep 05, 2019

Bridesmaids is a rare all-female comedy that'll appeal to both men and women. Raunchy, humiliating and generally hilarious, this quotable number picks up where The Hangover left off. Wiig is on fire. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

• Sep 02, 2019

Bridesmaids has a storyline that's been seen before, you say? Well, that's true. But it also has a talented cast of female comedians who make the most out of the plot with a protagonist that's flawed but easy to empathize with, a well-chosen cast of supporting actors including Chris O'Dowd as a love interest cop and boasting humour, that while never going full-on absurd, feels authentic and natural. Bridesmaids takes the Girl Show Ghetto trope and spits on its face making it a movie that even the men can enjoy.

• Sep 01, 2019

All of the characters makes the film a fun and amusing time.

All of the characters makes the film a fun and amusing time.

• Aug 30, 2019

It was phenomenally hilarious and kept me wondering what was up next! It's is great throughout

• Aug 27, 2019

Review: ‘Bridesmaids' is an American comedy film directed by Paul Feig. I remember when this movie was first announced and people saying, "This movie is going to suck!" "A comedy with a female cast?" "Nobody is gong to watch this." Nobody was giving this movie a chance, and it surprised everyone! This cast is so funny, and the story and script are brilliant! The movie follows Annie (Kristen Wiig) and the issues she encounters when being asked to be a Maid of Honor for her best friend (Maya Rudolph). Apart from having her own problems going on in her life she finds an enemy in one of the Bridesmaids in the wedding, Helen (Rose Byrne). We see breakout roles from Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Ellie Kemper. Working along side Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph these women were fantastic and hilarious. Chris O'Dowd and Jon Hamm were good for the parts that were given to them as well, but the ladies definitely steal the show. The chemistry they have is great and they can build off of one another so easily that it looks so natural and easy. The character of Annie who is played by Kristen Wiig goes through so much different emotional growth during this film it's insane. I love how they brought a main character to this movie, but also created this ensemble of a cast, it worked perfectly. I enjoyed everything this movie has to offer. The timing is perfect going between raunchy comedy and sappy montages. All the characters are realistic and have flaws, and the actors who portray them bring them to life in the most wonderful way. Overall, I believe everybody can have a good time with this movie. There are moments all throughout that could have emotional triggers got anyone. 4/5

• Jul 24, 2019

This was really great, actually had me laughing out loud as I watched it by myself. Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph did a fantastic job, as did Melissa Mccarthy and Rose Byrne. The story hit all the predictable beats that we expect in this type of friendship rom-com but it never felt fake or unearned. The romance between wiig's character and the cop was sweet but never cloying, the chemistry between the leads was always on point. I have to give Byrne credit as well in bringing to life a truly detestable character in Helen, yet shading her with enough nuance in her one dramatic scene to make us empathize with the monster if only for a moment. Wiig steals the show and really holds the entire movie together, this is no surprise as her comedic talents are well known and showcased by now, yet when she wrote and starred in this she really made a fantastic name for herself and all the praise this movie received was well deserved! This was very funny and had its share of sadness as well, the only complaint is that the plot itself is so predictable that I literally watched nearly all of it before I remembered I'd already seen it before. Jon Hamm also has a tiny role but he really lives it up as a total p.o.s.