Deep Core Reviews

• Apr 23, 2015

not so much skip this and see 2003's 'the core'

not so much skip this and see 2003's 'the core'

• Dec 04, 2012

As seen on Telefutura, this is another mundane sci-fi film that's heavy on run-of-the-mill CGI, blase dialogue & plot, & starring an actor & actress from 2 "Star Trek" spinoffs.

• Feb 28, 2010

"Go ahead and land the damn plane general. We've got us a job of work to do." That is the brilliant writing you can expect from Deep Core. I know this came before The Core but it's still a rip off of the Paul Preuss book and because of that it's the exact same movie. Either way Phillip Roth once again shows that he's still the worst in the biz.

• Sep 26, 2009

3 of 5 stars for this cheesy sci-fi movie. The basic plot has been done and redone several times and this version isn't any better. The story has the world-ending if the crew of this "Earth-submarine" can't successfully dig into middle-Earth and trigger some nukes. Of course, there is some spy stuff and some double-crosses to make it interesting. A trivial romance is misplaced in this movie. So, it is OK and worth the watch, but, it isn't the best sci-fi I've seen.

• Oct 16, 2007

Don't even bother and to think I wasted a bag of popcorn on this.

Don't even bother and to think I wasted a bag of popcorn on this.

• Jul 28, 2007

I love Wil Wheaton, but oh my god. Probably the worst, lamest, spectacularly atrocious film I have ever seen. Maybe I'm thick, maybe it was a parody in the style of Spaceballs? Full of cliches, bad science, unbelievable plot, it was positively cringeworthy. Wil, promise us you will never sully yourself like that again.

• Jul 24, 2007

I did not think much could be worse than Core, now I have discovered Deep Core

I did not think much could be worse than Core, now I have discovered Deep Core

• Jul 24, 2007

Yawn... The movie that started Core with Hilary swank and ekhart. Wil Wheton and Terry Farrel from star trek fame both star.

• Jul 21, 2007

TV movie which must have inspired The Core (despite the direcotr of that other film trying to claim his was an original idea). Check it out and see for yourself!

• Jul 05, 2007

For the longest time, I was under the impression that this movie was a rip-off of the (also rather crappy) film The Core, but Deep Core actually precedes it by three years. Not that it matters. It's still a craptacular film appropriately relegated to saturday Sci-Fi channel reruns. Whil Wheaton does get incinerated by a column of lava, so extra half star for that...