Dial A Prayer Reviews

• Jul 12, 2018

It had no meaning, it was actually an awful movie

It had no meaning, it was actually an awful movie

• Sep 13, 2016

Hey not too bad at all. Flawed, but decent. Good acting with a simple feel good story.

• Apr 04, 2016

Read a review that questioned the target audience of this film. I agree; too preachy for mainstream audiences and too risqué for contemporary Christian audiences.

• Oct 16, 2015

It took me a few watches, but I grew to love this movie. Don't let the 40% fool you. It exploits the stereotypes of organized baptists a bit unfairly, but kept itself professional at the same time. I'm a protestant theistic evolutionist myself, so there's no bias here. (No spoilers below) Cora (the always lovely Brittany Snow) finds herself at the doorstep of a church with a few shady accomplices. They heartlessly destroy the porcelain statue of Mary and set the church ablaze. Cora is sentenced to community service in the form of a Dial-a-Prayer hotline. The movie was a bit flimsily executed, but it's humor and deep themes remain.

• Jul 31, 2015

Starts out dark and so depressing that I almost turned it off but it is really worth hanging in there. Beautiful story of how another human being can help you see the goodness within yourself when you can't see it yourself.

• Jul 01, 2015

Snow was wonderful in this tragic story. It has a powerful, redemptive message and a sweet ending.

• May 15, 2015

Sadly, I found myself saying 'who cares.' The story drags and while the acting is genuine, the story just doesn't sell. Well... until the end :-)

• Apr 26, 2015

Good movie with a very good storyline. Too many details were still left unknown though, for example the reason why the parents had this big social separation in their marriage. I can recommend this movie to anyone who feels like having a laugh whilst at the same time likes to think about one of the bigger issues of identitycrisis and religious truths.

• Apr 23, 2015

The actors in this movie did an amazing job portraying their characters. The storyline was something that you don't see everyday which was like a breath of fresh air. All movies are the same these days and it was great to see something new. You can really tell the passion the actors have.

• Apr 07, 2015

I was disappointed by this movie. It did have potential to rise above its premise that could easily fall into the cliches of most Christian movies, but it did not do that. It had characters portrayed by solid actors, but the backgrounds were poorly lit, and this made it hard to relate. The story was predictable and not displayed in a way that makes predictability work in a film. But if you enjoy most Christian films, you will probably enjoy this one too.