Down a Dark Hall Reviews

• Sep 15, 2019

Nice camera and lighting. Music score nice too. However the plot is a bit weak.

Nice camera and lighting. Music score nice too. However the plot is a bit weak.

• Aug 24, 2019

The suspense had my chest tight the entire time. The premise of the movie is excellent. Yes, there were some story/pacing flaws, but overall it was very enjoyable. The cast, camerawork, music and overall visual of it was brilliant. I usually multitask while watching tv or movies, this however, had me enthrawled. I put down my pen and just watched. I think it deserved a better score than I see it has. However, it may just be a movie that needs the viewer to be in a certain mind frame to watch, and an appreciation of the arts to enjoy.

• Aug 11, 2019

Can't say I wasn't too impressed with this film. The ending is still an intriguing watch and some really interesting ideas there

• Aug 04, 2019

Fell asleep.... So boring.

Fell asleep.... So boring.

• Aug 01, 2019

Started interesting with a sort of classic vibe, but was later to progress too hasty and at times not quite making sense.

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jul 05, 2019

AnnaSophia Robb and Uma Thurman lead the cast in the supernatural horror film Down a Dark Hall. Based on a bestselling book, the story follows a rebellious teenage girl who's sent to a reform school for troubled youth called Blackwood, but she soon discovers that something strange is going on and begins to suspect that she and her fellow students are being used for some nefarious purpose. Robb gives a fairly good performance and director Rodrigo Cortes does an impressive job at creating an atmospheric mood. However, the storytelling is a little weak and lacks strong villains. Also, the supernatural isn't really played for scares, and the scares that are there seem a little out of place. Still, despite its problems, Down a Dark Hall is a creepy thriller full of mystery and intrigue.

• Jun 30, 2019

Absolutley BORING! Struggled staying awake on my couch. Not scary in the least or interesting. Just so extremely DULL! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

• Apr 27, 2019

Camp, borderline trashy shock flick that has no real thread of consistency, but entertaining nonetheless. If for nothing else than the hamny accents by some of the actors. Never really reaches a satisfactory spook factor. But, hell why jot give it a watch.

• Apr 25, 2019

Different vibe from the Duncan ink, not the way I saw it in my head but it works as a screenplay I would see it again, at least these specters have a purpose beyond the same old same old in that way it is as unique now as it was in the 70s

• Apr 23, 2019

Although the movie takes many expected turns and gets wildly out of control towards the end, it's an entertaining picture nonetheless. I really enjoy the whole setting and feeling of isolation that was bestowed upon us. The creepy atmosphere of the school itself was suffocating and put us on edge, right away. Goldbach and Sparling's cast choice was nicely thought out with a big handful of familiar stars in the mix including Uma Thurman, AnnaSophia Robb, Isabelle Fuhrman and Rosie Day. The dark, creepy gothic feel does excite me and held me there in front of the screen. Also the cast really captured the sheer helplessness as they were possessed one by one. The feeling of losing all control and going insane was ever present and thrilling.