Echo In the Canyon Reviews

• 2d ago

Jakob Dylan and friends make this so compelling of a watch for a behind the scenes look at much loved music. Certainly better than that of today.

• 2d ago

It was great and exciting to see what ant man was doing in infinity war and set up time travel for endgame. And the post credits making us more sad about the deaths of the hero's in infinity war and the post credits.

• 5d ago

it was terrific! HOWEVER... to talk about Laurel Canyon in the 70s, and its musical influence... how can you not mention Joni Mitchell? Pretty much every song from that era was by her, or about her. Even Led Zeppelin's 'Going to California' is about Joni. I don't doubt they tried to involve her. She has become profoundly unpleasant and angry in her later years. Nonetheless, she deserves a big mention. Outside of this, it was a great piece about a super critical time in music.

• MLG
    6d ago

Brought back lots of memories. Great music came out of that time period and I enjoyed hearing it done by todays artists.

• Sep 11, 2019

A worthwhile exploration into brilliant musical minds.

A worthwhile exploration into brilliant musical minds.

• Aug 24, 2019

Movie is terrific, music is outstanding!

Movie is terrific, music is outstanding!

• Laura N
    Aug 14, 2019

Loved the original and reworked music, the history and the interviews.

Loved the original and reworked music, the history and the interviews.

• Aug 13, 2019

It needed a little less echo and a lot more canyon. Meaning less Jacob Dylan and much more of the real icons of this era. That being said it was bittersweet to see Tom Petty. Also where was Joni Mitchell?

• Aug 11, 2019

This is a great trip down memory lane with all sorts of amusing anecdotes and footnotes for people who were actually into the evolving folk-rock music transition in the mid 1960's. For the rest of us, two hours of somewhat meandering interviews with people we have dimly heard of, interspersed with J. Dylan's competent but somewhat flavorless renditions of the oldies. I wasn't especially glad I went.

• Steve P.
    Aug 10, 2019

Great retrospective with a few good moments from musics influenced and influential pioneers, geniuses, and legends. RIP TOM.