Ex Machina Reviews

• 6d ago

Didn't expect this movie to be that good.

Didn't expect this movie to be that good.

• Dec 03, 2019

This has been on my list for four years. I somehow missed this at the theater's. I'm mad I waited b/c this was a very good movie. It has enough intrigue, suspense, and deception a good movie needs. I recommend!

• Nov 17, 2019

Absolutely worth a rewatch.

Absolutely worth a rewatch.

• Nov 08, 2019

One I the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. Every single shot is crafted with utmost attention to detail, and it is absolutely stunning. The visual effects are absolutely fantastic, and nearly unparalleled. So many different ideas can be taken away from this movie. This is a beautifully crafted masterpiece of cinema.

• Nov 05, 2019

I feel like this is a good film with good effect but it leans more on its profound and somewhat disturbing ideas more then anything else. I'm glad to say. It's about AI. Will it be good for us or will it destroy us? Ex Machina really gets you thinking. With only 3 characters in the film. It gets its message across well. It's not the type of film I would say "wow I gotta rewatch that over and over." For me it's a one and done type of film. But I am glad I watched it. I was intrigued and on the edge of my seat throughout. It keeps you there by its ideas, not with lots of fast paced action scenes like I, Robot.(2004), this is a film that doesnt force it's own conclusions down your throat. You get the feeling you have to figure out what's right. Although it does give a twist at the end. Which tells you what may be the safer option when it comes to AI. I'd reccomend it. ... Nathan: "One day the AIs are going to look back on us the same way we look at fossil skeletons on the plains of Africa. An upright ape living in dust with crude language and tools, all set for extinction." ...

• Nov 03, 2019

This movie was soo good. The dialogue was really great, and the score made my heart beat faster. I did not expect this to give me creepy chills but aspects were somewhat surreal that it really did. I highly recommend if you like movies that are more complex.

• Oct 25, 2019

It's a nice movie, and I absolutly love the ending

It's a nice movie, and I absolutly love the ending

• Sep 27, 2019

A rare five-star rating from me because the ending came out of nowhere for me. It's Frankenstein for the 21st century, and like in Shelley's book, the "monster" is the most human character of all.

• Sep 25, 2019

Clever and provocative movie, dealing with what the future may have in store for us. The script at times seemed a bit forced but the central characters were superbly portrayed.

• Sep 15, 2019

Suffers from boring sexy robot trope as well as predictable and boring characters. Felt the entire movie was an excuse to act out some sexual fantasy while posing as deep. Exploration into ‘ai' about as complex as a humanities 101 class.