For the Boys Reviews

• Feb 20, 2019

This movie is super fun for history buffs. I love Bette Midler and she sings alot of great songs.

• Jul 30, 2018

A wonderfully poignant film that starts off with a romantic vision of war that we all think of, and slowly strips it down to the cold, hard, painful reality. The journey of Dixie Leonard as a USO singer is one of powerful joy, and the deepest of grief. It pulls no punches, and holds both laughter and pain.

• Feb 27, 2017

Bette Midler is fantastic in this movie managing to create variety of emotions from laughter to tears. the movie manages to mix some action with musical elements to keep the movie entertaining and movie the story along.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Feb 15, 2016

Nothing is convincing in this film, from the awkward and sudden tonal shifts to the cheap production values to the unintentionally hilarious performances . . . out of all the times James Caan has been miscast in a movie, this has to be one of the worst.

• Jul 09, 2015

For the Boys is a disappoint film. It is about Dixie Leonard who reunites with Eddie Sparks for one final show. Bette Midler and James Caan give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Mark Rydell did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Apr 01, 2015

More like for the trash heap..

More like for the trash heap..

• Mar 07, 2015

The movie rides solidly on Bette Midler's humor and singing ability, which she more than delivers in a film that, more often than not, falls flat with hokey sentiment and lacking subtlety,

• Feb 26, 2015

Entertaining and poignant in a good way. Bette Midler and James Caan are great entertainers.

• Feb 27, 2014

Meme s'il n'y a rien d'exceptionnel dans cette histoire d'entertainers qui passent leur vie a sillonner les guerres a travers l'histoire des USA pour remonter le moral des troupes, sans doute a cause de la mise en scene academique de Mark Rydell et du scenario qui ne raconte que la petite histoire sans jamais parvenir a faire le parallele avec la grande Histoire, For the Boys est assez divertissant pour qu'on accepte les 2h20 du metrage. Les interpretations de Bette Midler, de James Caan et de George Segal n'y sont pas pour rien, tout comme la bande-son, parfaite. Aussitot vu, aussitot oublie.

• Dec 17, 2013

Can't believe this movie is over twenty years old. I loved it then and love it now. And , yes, I still cry at it.