Generation Wealth Reviews

• Sep 22, 2019

I think it tries a little too hard to say something deep, and it can be pretentious at times, but it does convey a message about wealth, excess, and decadence which is very contemporary and relevant to the times we live in. The self-reflection and self-awareness on the part of the director gives it, I think, a sincerity that raises it above the level of a lot of similar moralistic or condemnatory screeds that deal with the same themes.

• Jun 24, 2019

I loved this documentary. Absolutely nails the narcissism that is destroying our society. Seeing Kim Kardashian as a kid (pre-plastic surgery) is a depressing sight. It's not about who you are it's about what you look like and how much money you have. The Fall of the American Empire is upon us.

• Apr 08, 2019

Interesting journey of money and other obsessions over 25 years...the outcomes are as expected of course...

• Mar 23, 2019

The footage and personalities were captivating. The ending and narrative lost its way a little, but definitely worth a watch.

• Mar 16, 2019

After viewing the trailer I was very interested in seeing this documentary. However, what could have been a sensational and thought provoking documentary ended up being a documentary about the photographer, with her showing us a look at her life with interviews with her parents and children and lots of back story on her. This was randomly mixed in with clips and interviews of others to thinly support the theme that our greed will lead to the downfall of our society. It is two documentaries mixed in together with neither one being well told. The interviews and footage showcasing the chase for greed could have been compelling with the support of a writer that could have streamlined the content into a narrative audiences could follow and enjoy.

• Mar 14, 2019

I can't say that I wasn't expecting to see some pretty disgusting displays of greed and consumerism gone mad but I had hoped for a more skilful and insightful narrator than Lauren Greenfield who follows up on the subjects of some of her photojournalist works of the past. Did we get any new understanding? No, not at all. All we got is a parade of figures with whom I felt little or no empathy and less sympathy.

• Mar 13, 2019

a unique look behind the scenes of life. Money is not everything. You find that out sooner or later.

• Mar 11, 2019

The truth about the american way of life

The truth about the american way of life

• Mar 10, 2019

This movie was a bit graphic in blunt ways at times. Although, its extremely revealing character was symbolic in how it exposed the hidden lures of the American Dream. Greed, self-indulgence, & self-centeredness should never be put before Love. Love indeed reigns above all.

• Feb 18, 2019

I found the amount of times Lauren Greenfield injected herself into this story rather off-putting. So much so, I did not finish the last 10 minutes of the film which centered around her. The inclusion of her child's poetry "legacy" was a humblebrag of epic proportions - both on the child's part and the mother. I can only imagine rolling my eyes having to listen to that in the same classroom. Like, wow you poor thing, you come from a successful family, it must be so hard.