The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag Reviews

• Oct 26, 2015

Waste of great actors with a flimsy script that holds one hit jokes

Waste of great actors with a flimsy script that holds one hit jokes

• Jan 15, 2013

This is one of those movies you would never watch on purpose, but would be pleasantly surprised to find on TV in the middle of the night. It's not great, but just funny enough to keep you from going back to bed.

• Dec 10, 2010

Spoiler alert: **I hated the scene where the Boston terrier gets eaten. :(

Spoiler alert: **I hated the scene where the Boston terrier gets eaten. :(

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Apr 15, 2010

A great cast in the service of a silly script.

A great cast in the service of a silly script.

• Jan 12, 2010

A cute little classic movie that anyone can get at the $6.88 bin at Walmart. Penelope Ann Miller is sweet in this role, but the whole time you just keep wondering why this was made and who thought it was a good idea. Still, an easy way to kill an afternoon and holds up quite well after all the years.

• Jun 09, 2009

I think this is one of thee most silliest films. Yet I still can't help getting excited every time it comes on.

• Aug 29, 2008

A girl killed her husband and tries to get off. It had some stuff going for it, but fell short. Kind of boring at times.

• Mar 22, 2008

A somewhat wacky movie. Loved the librarian role. Has a nice message to it.

A somewhat wacky movie. Loved the librarian role. Has a nice message to it.

• Feb 26, 2008

I give this one three stars for movie quality, but it's much more endearing to me than that....mainly because of the library connection and the fact that it was filmed in my favorite place in all of Mississippi, Oxford.

• Feb 18, 2008