Hacks Reviews

• May 25, 2010

It took me a minute to figure out that they were not documenting but rather scripting the lives of Hacks. This means that the characters overact each of the various "hacky" comedic types. The thing that was missed here is that there are actual people out there who are this self absorbed and terrible at comedy. Jim Gaffigan was the only noteable celebrity to break out of this group of local comics. What this movie was essentially is the local comics of a certain city getting together to film a production. This results in half way decent writing and mostly bad acting. It was mildly entertaining but not the gem I was looking for. Next time someone should really follow around some hacks.

• May 25, 2010

[url="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hacks/dvd.php?select=1"][img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/57/228257.jpg[/img][/url] Okay, so it won the award for "Best Comedy" at the NY Film Fest. The movie still sucks. It is not funny. It is a staged documentary. Sophomoric moron comedians thinking they themselves are funny. A stupid, stupid flick. Don't waste your time. High marks for disturbing.

• Jul 30, 2009

Piece of shit, but I loved it. Spoiler alert: no titties.

Piece of shit, but I loved it. Spoiler alert: no titties.

• Jan 30, 2008

Refreshingly aggressive and offensive... to say 'it lacks a sense of political correctness' would be a massive understatement.

• Feb 08, 2007