Half of a Yellow Sun Reviews

• May 14, 2017

WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........

• Sep 03, 2016

The film splits its plot between a strained relationship and the Nigerian Civil War, and never fully explores either aspect, however it's still a decent drama.

• Apr 26, 2016

Starts okay but so disjointed and lousy script the film was a waste of effort

Starts okay but so disjointed and lousy script the film was a waste of effort

• Jan 26, 2016

This is so unbelievably boring

This is so unbelievably boring

• Jan 26, 2016

It could've been way better.

It could've been way better.

• Dec 22, 2015

I want my time of life back

I want my time of life back

• Nov 02, 2015

This story was a beautiful picture of the balance of joy and sorrow during the time of the Nigerian Civil War. The actors paint vivid images of the realities of setbacks and victories in life set against the backdrop of a country in turmoil and seeking to grasp its own identity. I loved it and I would recommend it. If you are looking for something that will give you shallow stereotypical narratives of Africa, this is not the film. However, if you are seeking a film that will challenge your previous understandings and grow your compassion, this is DEFINITELY the film for you

• Oct 09, 2015

This is a soulless muddled mess that does great disservice to a great book.

This is a soulless muddled mess that does great disservice to a great book.

• Jan 26, 2015

Quite difficult to get into, and painful to watch, this is nonetheless a worthwhile film about the futility and stupidity of war - among other issues. I did feel that it could have been done better. A worthy attempt.

• Jan 15, 2015

Could have been a great movie but muddles along with many scenes rushed as it cuts back and forth between the historical backdrop and the love melodramas