High Life Reviews

• 1h ago

It was crap kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did

It was crap kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did

• Nov 20, 2019

Waste of time. Few very nice shots doesn't help to cover up that story which is empty without actual progress, heading or point. If you like to spend 2 hours more productivelly go and watch anything else..

• Nov 20, 2019

1st off his tool which look like it was a screw driver rolled off of the space ship then floated away there's no FN gravity it wouldn't have rolled anywhere. So hard to watch with the BS Primitive features on this ship.

• Nov 14, 2019

Leftfield and dark sci-fi drama explores interpersonal relationships and human nature under extreme conditions; it helps to ignore the scientific components of the tale.

• Nov 03, 2019

Sick scenes, illogical storyline. This movie is good for nothing.

Sick scenes, illogical storyline. This movie is good for nothing.

• Nov 03, 2019

This movie had lots of random scenes making no sense to lead to a terrible ending

• Oct 31, 2019

It was in no way uplifting. It was desolate, sad and depressing. I don't need help being depressed. The whole mission was pointless, all the characters were hopeless, and they accomplished nothing.

• Oct 30, 2019

As I was seeing High Life I knew that I would be finding myself rewatching that movie again and again. That's how you know how much you like a movie I guess. I was 8 years old when I first caught Coming to America at Télévision Quatre-Saisons. Love at first sight. This is my second viewing of High Life. Not at a cinema this time but in the comfort of my living room next to my cat and the constant struggle of affection/rejection. Way far from Sandra Bullock and her space experiment. A bunch of criminals condemned by the law to purge a sentence in a possible dead end mission in space. Explore a black hole and try to bring life at the same time by making babies that never survive. No extra gravity. No chic space combinaison. Living on the edge. They choose to survive. A need to feel everything from the inside and the outside. A torment. The machine indivisible from the humans and their effects. They even fuck the machine. An intimate relationship built between them. Fear and respect. The machine created by humans to put their control on other humans. A state of fragility. Erotic, frightening, warm and so cold. All of the lights. The immersive sensation of Olafur Eliasson. Artistic advice. His exhibition at Musées d'Art Contemporain two years ago was something very, very nice. That provoked a drastic change on Facebook profile pictures. The possibilities to play with the lights. People had to share. My picture was posted on Instagram. I'm falling more and more for Robert Pattison. Pale blue eyes. Cosmopolis, Good Times. I've already felt for Claire Denis. More than once. I remember our first time. Vincent Galo, Beatrice Dale, the blood, the human flesh. Trouble Every Day. The cineaste and her unique way to show the amplitude of human feelings and how we connect.

slow, disjointed, bizarre and overly sexually charged

slow, disjointed, bizarre and overly sexually charged

• Oct 30, 2019

Slow, ponderous, style over content.

Slow, ponderous, style over content.