Jackie Brown Reviews

• Nov 20, 2019

I love this film. Tarantino managed to take an already amazing storyline and adapt it brilliantly. Great cast as well.

• Nov 04, 2019

Due to reliably terrific dialogue and direction from Tarantino, superb humor, many great plot turns and such a beautiful ending, Jackie Brown surely is a terrific film. Yes, it's overlong and weakly paced, but it's so incredibly engaging and quite frankly a lot of fun throughout. Unlike the director's other films, this one has a huge heart, and the theme of aging is particularly well explored in a couple of moving scenes. It's thus a hugely underrated film that ranks among Tarantino's best efforts. It also showcases two simply marvelous, also very underappreciated performances from Pam Grier and Robert Forster in two wonderful roles.

• Oct 16, 2019

Tarantino's third film is unmarked from the first two: we see for the first time a director who tries to go beyond anecdotal. A criminal story about losers with big dreams. An urban western where diligence is a mall and the outlaw a flight attendant from Cabo Airlines. Robert Foster, Deniro and Samuel L Jackson really stand out. Tarantino ones more give us a lesson on directing actors. I didn't like it when it first came out, but now I think is better than the late Tarantino Films

• Oct 15, 2019

I personally feel it's one of Tarantino's best films. The swearing isn't turned up to 10, the kills are few and far between and the acting in it is phenomenal. (Deniro and Forster especially.) Deniro appears as a character actor here and shines in a not at all glamorous role while Forster owns the movie in a very subtle way. I think it's brilliant and has aged exceptionally well. If Tarantino made it as an homage to great 70s movies, he hit it out of the park.

• Oct 14, 2019

Quentin's worst movie but still not bad.

Quentin's worst movie but still not bad.

• Oct 09, 2019

Tarantino's most misunderstood movie, truly wish some people would give it a second chance

• Oct 06, 2019

Spectacular. The characters and vibe from the music is such a joy to witness.

Spectacular. The characters and vibe from the music is such a joy to witness.

• Oct 06, 2019

Quick wit dialogue and Pam Grier and Samuel L. Jackson's captivating performances make Quentin Tarantino's "Jackie Brown" an entertaining money-smuggling film, even though there's more texture than plot.

• Sep 19, 2019

Second best Tarantino film next to Pulp Fiction.

Second best Tarantino film next to Pulp Fiction.

• Sep 15, 2019

slow but still funny/captivating in every scene.

slow but still funny/captivating in every scene.