Kabluey Reviews

• Aug 30, 2015

Funny...caught me off gaurd. lol

Funny...caught me off gaurd. lol

• Aug 19, 2015

151203: What a strange film. A mother and two boys struggle to stay sane during the father's long tour of duty in Irag. They call upon a unique uncle to assist. He, perhaps, becomes their saving grace. Supposed to be a comedy but I just don't get much of the humour; or it doesn't touch me as such. Other than a bunch of hot MILF characters, Kudrow's right up there, weak all around. Sadly, to the garage sale pile.

• Apr 10, 2015

I've had this film for years but never gave it a go until now. A lady (Kudrow) has some pretty intense kids and she needs some help to look out for them while her guy is serving in Iraq. Her weird brother is on the rescue mission and he soon finds a blue mascot costume to jump into yo make things more interesting. It's pretty funny, ok shot and pretty average on most levels. Not the greatest of indie comedy, but it got that nice, weird'ish groove that indies tend to have. 6 out of 10 laminating machines.

• Mar 10, 2015

ABSOLUTE YAAAS! This movie is hilarious and has heart! What more could you want. Amazing movie

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    Jul 07, 2014

Includes all the ingredients of an indie movie: an aimless nogoodnik, an estranged family who tests his adult responsibilities, a strange part-time job that requires a quirky/cute costume, a redemption moment that establishes his self-worth and strengthens his bond with aforemetioned estranged family. It's all very nice, and I like the quirky filmmaking aspects as well, like zooming in on weird physical phenomena, like the ghosty rotations a plastic spoon makes after you let go from stirring it. I would have liked a bit more life or explanation in Lisa Kudrow's character. Yes, she's a depressive, but there isn't much for the character or actor to do, and the reasons for her affair are just a bit too indie-understated...indiestated? I also wonder why Salman leaves before reconciling with his brother, which seems to have been a source of tension throughout the whole movie.

• Jan 31, 2014

Low-key, kind of dark, not a bad little film.

Low-key, kind of dark, not a bad little film.

• Dec 07, 2013

The perfect American family comes to the screen yet again with tears and sadness. The brain dead lead is hilarious in his stupidity and brings a quirky style as do the other characters in the movie. Actors give a strong performance creating a very obscure manner and a rather surreal film. Lisa proves her acting worth. Nibbles: Lollipops.

• Nov 23, 2013

Pretty funny with subtly.

Pretty funny with subtly.

• Nov 03, 2013

A dark, painful yet witty take on modern American life.

A dark, painful yet witty take on modern American life.

• Oct 19, 2013

Not even nearly as funny as it tries to be. Perhaps this could have worked with a better cast and more experienced director/screenwriter.