Learning To Drive Reviews

• Oct 14, 2019

Learning to Drive has good performances and there but the movie falls a little short. The movie is not really that engaging and the ending really doesn’t satisfy the viewer. It’s a nice little flick and the script and writing is well done but I can’t help hoping for a little bit more in this movie.

• Sep 02, 2018

Simple, Cliche and non offensive.

Simple, Cliche and non offensive.

• Jun 10, 2018

It's simple and cute. The acting from all is lovely. I like nice and this is nice. A nice movie.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Mar 29, 2018

Nice slice of life movie. I enjoyed the small glimpse into Indian culture and was impressed, as always, by Patricia Clarkson. Really nice movie about the friendship between a recently separated woman and her Indian driving instructor. I liked how they showed the issues both face while still being an uplifting film. The arranged marriage part was interesting too.

• Nov 11, 2017

Great story. Beautifully acted

Great story. Beautifully acted

• Oct 27, 2017

I very much enjoyed watching this intercultural friendship develop and blossom. It's sweet and tender on many levels. Love that Wendy grows stronger and confident through her independance. Patricia Clarkson plays the role with enough NYC flair and neurosis for us to get attached, and relate to her struggles and betrayal by her husband. Ben Kingsley shows understanding and patience like we all wish we would get more of in our busy bustling daily lives.

• Aug 26, 2017

What kind of bubble does the writer of this film live in? No, weirdo, ICE does not make weekly visits to immigrants from India, and no, New Yorkers do not shout racist obscenities at them every single day. The writer of this script is an armchair warrior, angry at a world that doesn't even exist. Step outside and see that the world away from your computer screen isn't that bad.

• Aug 17, 2017

"Learning to Drive" is a subtle comedy filled with insight about the human condition. It is not an adolescent movie filled with adolescent humour as so much Hollywood output is these days. It is an examination of two lives that are distinct but alike. They come together and affect each other in the student driver car where each learns from the other.

• Mar 19, 2017

La historia es muy simple, pero asi es mas facil empatizar.

La historia es muy simple, pero asi es mas facil empatizar.

• Feb 13, 2017

A good movie about overcoming your fears. It really could not have ended any other way.