Mad Dog and Glory Reviews

• Aug 21, 2019

Very underrated movie - great unexpected performances from both DeNiro and Murray!

• Jan 18, 2019

One of the movies where you want sequels and backstories of the amazing characters

• Oct 18, 2018

Predictably formulated. Some benchmark names in a mess with Bill Murray playing a NYC Tough Guy that simply doesn't work.

• Jul 29, 2017

Enjoyable movie. Robert De Niro role is fun to watch as he plays a shy and modest policeman. It's nice to see the pre-Pulp Fiction Uma Thurman. And Bill Murray is funny as always. Overall, above average film with great cast.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 18, 2016

DeNiro when he still had IT. Bill Murray as a manipulative, backstabbing, but very personable hood! And Uma Thurman as the woman between them. Thoroughly enjoyed this, this trip down memory lane, when movies were movies.

• May 09, 2016

This movie was playing in theaters at the same time as Groundhog Day, both featuring Bill Murray. I saw them back to back on the same afternoon in 1993 at a multiplex theater in Tenleytown, Washington, DC. I remember being very disappointed with this film. Part of that, though, was that we saw Groundhog Day first, and it would have been very difficult not to be let down by anything after that. I recently saw Groundhog Day again, which made me think once more about this film. I wondered if it might be worth giving it a second chance. My local library had a copy of it, so I checked it out and watched it last night. It's a reasonably decent film, I've decided, and I enjoyed watching it. But it's definitely not a must-see.

• Apr 26, 2016

Cop falls in love with a gangsters girlfriend in this uneven and uninteresting comedy.

• Sep 12, 2015

DeNiro can play a complete wimp and Murray can play a heavy--who knew?

DeNiro can play a complete wimp and Murray can play a heavy--who knew?

• Jun 30, 2015

A pointless, pointless waste of Bill Murray's nuance and Robert De Niro's mole, "Mad Dog And Glory" is a movie that never lets you get comfortable, in all the wrong ways.

• Oct 13, 2014

All throughout the movie I just could not buy Murray as the tough guy heavy.

All throughout the movie I just could not buy Murray as the tough guy heavy.