Measure of a Man Reviews

• Aug 28, 2019

Another summer coming of age story that is very lacking. I would not recommend it

• Aug 25, 2019

Measure Of A Man is decently acted and genuine, despite having a protagonist that runs hot and cold at times. While it doesn't measure up to other top summer coming of age flicks (The Way Way Back is nearly identical and much better), its a solid watch.

• Aug 19, 2019

Donal Sutherland was his usual excellent self, but this film just seemed rather ho-hum, just going through the motions.

• Oct 13, 2018

One of the best films I've seen in a long while. Sensitive, profound, uplifting. The story, the acting, the cinematography were alll top notch. A must see.

• Sep 14, 2018

Nostalgia rules this little seen it before coming of age flick but still interesting enough for a one time watch.

• Aug 21, 2018

Why do so many critics complain that this is another version of a story we've seen before? The same can be said of most film stories. This has an engaging cast and promising new actor in the lead. My main complaint is Donald Sutherland's accent, which detracts from his character and adds nothing to the plot.

• Aug 08, 2018

I read the book, "One Fat Summer", back when I was about 12. Although the plot seemed vaguely familiar, it wasn't until I read the closing credits that the memory of that book came back to me and I remembered how much It spoke to me, having been the fat kid who was constantly bullied. I liked the movie although it did tend to get bogged down in spots and seem a little too slow moving. I love Donald Sutherland however his accent seemed to be a bit of a mish-mash of accents and a little distracting and too contrived at times.

• May 16, 2018

Absolutely loved this film. I was surprised how much it touched me. Don’t miss it.

• May 15, 2018

Loved this movie! Can't say enough about it. Very touching. Excellent acting. Very nostalgic for me. I think this movie will touch everyone that sees it.

• May 12, 2018

It was a good Movie about a teenage boy learning to grow up. It takes place in 1976, and did anyone notice the number tattooed on the elderly jewish man's arm?