Mercury Rising Reviews

• Nov 17, 2019

Bruce Willis does what he can with this unremarkable script, and Alec Baldwin is an effective bad guy. The writing is just illogical in parts, like Baldwin's henchman who can shoot people in public and get away with it, or the short haired woman Willis comes across who he entrusts to look after annoying faced Simon. She appears midway through the picture, a total stranger, and with little to no development she's fully involved in their situation after like 2 scenes. The action is nothing special either. I also found the soundtrack to be pretty mawkish too. I guess you could enjoy this as a Friday night flick with a cold beer when nothing else is on.

• Apr 19, 2019

While an impressive vehicle for the talents of young Miko Hughes, Mercury Rising amounts to little more than a humdrum thriller devoid of thrills and hindered further by a premise too logically flawed to entertain.

• Mar 16, 2019

Pretty good. Above average.

Pretty good. Above average.

• Sep 11, 2018

Probably in my top 5 worst movies ever.

Probably in my top 5 worst movies ever.

• Jul 01, 2018

This movie couldn't be less plausible. From beginning until the end this movie was mindless. Horrible script. All around stupid.

• Oct 07, 2017

I watched this off the back of being completely stunned at 'The Accountant' starring Ben Affleck. Reading the consensus the story immediately grabbed me despite it sounding like a generic 90's action flick with a ever so slight twist. Unfortunately this is exactly that, oonly not even a competently made one. As usual you can count on good ole' Bruce to carry the film and i was surprised by the levels of depth to his acting in Mercury Rising, but it isn't enough to rescue a basic script, a bland performance from Alec Baldwin, a score that just didn't match what i was seeing, and very little action. What action there was wasn't even very good, just peer round a corner and shoot then screw up your face as the bad guy runs away action. A very disappointing film, theres lots of films which are exactly the same; just better made.

• Sep 24, 2017

A pretty dull and generic movie which made hardly no sense.

A pretty dull and generic movie which made hardly no sense.

• Feb 08, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Oct 23, 2016

not that bad the annoying, screaming kid was a bit much at times.

not that bad the annoying, screaming kid was a bit much at times.

• Oct 08, 2016

I thought it was very interesting and intense throughout. Part of it did have the 90s feel (like lighting and explosions), but it definitely kept my attention throughout.