Mission: Impossible Reviews

• 4d ago

I have never seen a second of the original TV show in my life, I didn't even know that there was a TV show existed when I first saw this movie, but I was still able to enjoy it for what it is, a great big spy action summer blockbuster. Tom Cruise was made for these types of movies, he is really good at stunts and convinces the audience with literally everything that he does, he does not disappoint in this film at all, and it's kind of even surprised how well he did actually. I really like Jon Voight and think that he is a very seasoned veteran actor, he was also great in this movie, but he wasn't in it that much and he turned out to be the bad guy so, I was mixed with him in this one. We also didn't learn much, if anything about his character and his motivations are a little weak because he just says what they are, I needed more of a development of his character for me to buy into his plan, and I would've liked to have actually seen what evil things he did to be warranted as a bad guy. The plot is the most complicated and hard to follow plot that I have ever seen, I never was able to figure out all of it and I just gave up and as a result, I get bored for a while in the second act, I kind of think that a plot this intricate and complex was unnecessary and sort of convoluted, but that might just be me. I loved seeing Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt being a man on the run, he was paranoid and the tension was excellent, I never knew if he was going to be found or get caught and I found myself always worrying about that, I enjoyed his character piecing together the puzzle in his mind and seeing how he interprets it, it was a well fleshed out and thoroughly explored character that makes us root for him in every situation. The scene with the rope hanging in the computer room is iconic and masterful, you got a very realistic look at how it was pulled off, and it is so stressful and intense that you could actually start sweating yourself, I love that sequence and thin that De Palma really nailed the silent espionage scene very well. I think that this is a fun movie to watch with a great protagonist and a well-acted antagonist that has amazing tension and suspense, and a pretty decent script, but the plot is the main issue and it sucks that this great project was weighed down by its farfetched storytelling and confusing plot, you will get bored if you don't understand what is going on and even it's lack of antagonistic development. I still recommend checking this one out, it's perfectly watchable and even fun sometimes, it is very well executed and polished with a couple of great performances and cinematography and music, it's just a shame the narrative was pretty darn weak.

• 5d ago

Classical Movie of tom cruise

Classical Movie of tom cruise

• 6d ago

A top tier spy movie. It does not have as much action as the following MI films, but it's a very clever, solid film.

• Dec 06, 2019

Its not the best spy movie out there but Mission Impossible delivers on what it promised and then some.

• Dec 02, 2019

Not Bad For a First Movie

Not Bad For a First Movie

• Nov 28, 2019

It was alright. Fun to watch.

It was alright. Fun to watch.

• Nov 26, 2019

Another Action Movie which helps pass the time.

Another Action Movie which helps pass the time.

• Oct 30, 2019

This film definitely pales in comparison to more recent Mission: Impossible films, and the plot is very complicated, but I quite like how hardcore the spy elements of this film are, and I found it reasonably entertaining.

• Sep 30, 2019

A very consistent film series.

A very consistent film series.

• Aug 28, 2019

So MI is a great franchise but I'm sure that this is not a fav. The first 2 were bad but this still has awesome scenes but when you watch this movie you hate it more it's the original so I can't say that many bad things