Night Owls Reviews

• Oct 12, 2019

more a theater play all is just dialogue, but Roza Salazar is always fab

more a theater play all is just dialogue, but Roza Salazar is always fab

• Oct 12, 2019

Chevere peli, entretenida y Rosa Salazar lo hace mas que difrutable y el final con un mensaje claro de valoración propia respetando tus principios que va mas aya de un puesto de trabajo

• Aug 27, 2019

Normally not a fan of indie films. They're slow, ponderous, self-indulgent and artsy with really annoying piano or guitar scores. But every now and then a masterful one shows up. Night Owls is one of them. The director, Charles Hood is clearly a student of the classic "well made" films of the old masters. In this case, that old master is Billy Wilder and Night Owls is an updated tribute to one of Wilder's best ones, "The Apartment." Funny, poignant with absolutely terrific acting, this little indie is a definite must-see.

• Feb 20, 2019

I felt super identified I love Rosa Salazar

I felt super identified I love Rosa Salazar

• Feb 19, 2019

This is a tiny film with a heart. It really feels like more of a scene study than a feature. The majority of the film is really just one long scene. Almost like something you would watch at a showcase night for an acting school. The thing is... it's a great scene. Not perfect, but pretty damn great. Adam Pally actually plays his character differently than I think most actors would. He's a bit neurotic. A little OCD. The perfect contrast to Rosa Salazar's character, who is utterly adorable. With all of that said, there is a lot of depth to this story under the surface. The story about becoming valedictorian really sets up exactly how you feel for the characters as the night comes to a end. If you want to see some organic, real acting, you should give Night Owls a spin.

• Sep 09, 2018

First time director Charles Hood wastes genuine performances from Pally and Salazar with film school-esque execution in his directorial debut. Despite genuine charisma and chemistry between the two main leads, the film overall feels more like a student film unfortunately. Would have been fun to see what a stronger filmmaker might have been capable of with this cast.

• Mar 21, 2018

Night owls teaches us the fragility of the human mind, the complicated nature of sentimental relationships, that nothing is forever and that sometimes one night is enough time to decide to change our lives

• Dec 08, 2017

Decent chemistry performances sabotaged by novice execution.

Decent chemistry performances sabotaged by novice execution.

• Nov 08, 2017

if you ever wanted to know what a 2 person play would be like if someone recorded it, this is your play...I mean movie.

• Aug 14, 2017

I suppose you could say this is watchable, but I'm not sure I'd want to watch it if I had to do over again. The actors give a strong effort with pretty bland dialogue, and make it ring overall true, but no real surprises or anything too funny or too groundbreaking over happens so in the end you feel like you just lost an hour and a half of your life with no real take aways.