Once Upon a Time In Hollywood Reviews

• 2h ago

The worst movie I have seen in 5 years.... well make that the second worst. Just saw the utter drivel "Ad Astra". Seriously these two movies must have paid critics to 'like' this as they are utterly rubbish and I've yet to meet anyone who thought they were good. The best comment I have heard to date is "It's not that bad". No wonder Netflix and HBO are killing it right now ... Hollywood is going down hill fast. entertain me ... not bore me to death.

• Neal H
    4h ago

It’s fine, I guess, but there’s only brief moments where it flirts with having a point. That’s when it’s at its best.

• 5h ago

The ninth film from Oscar winning writer and director Quentin Tarantino takes us on a ride back to 1969 to explore Hollywood during the Manson era. An all star cast here Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Margot Robbie, lead this us through this strange but yet groovy experience. Growing up Tarantino loved films and he really loved the 60s-70s era of film making, and he creates that era on this own terms thats extremely creative and fresh. I really enjoy his creativity and characters he comes up, they feel like real life relatable characters, and Tarantino knows how to write great dialogue and keeps his audience surprised and rewrites history on his own terms. Rick Dalton played by DiCaprio is a big time TV actor, along side with his stunt man Cliff Booth trying to remain their fame and success of the closing of Hollywood's Golden age. DiCaprio and Pitt give amazing performances here and work well together, I can't believe its the first time these two legends side by side working together. They were a dynamite team and I thought Margot Robbie was perfectly casted as Sharon Tate, Robbie embodies Tate very well with her charm and beauty. However I did wish her character was more involved in the story, shes in the movie a lot but just not involved with most of whats going on. Also good to see Al Pacino here, his role fit well for him.I need to mention Margaret Qualley I thought was really good here and gives a breakthrough performance, as one of the Manson followers, I would like to see more of her in films. Amazing set here, its feels like its 69 all over again, and its very colorful. At times it feels like were dealing with multiple stories here and not sure what the main purpose is, but with Tarantino's style, direction, and all-star cast its a very good film to watch. A bizarre movie thats edgy fun, do I sense some Oscar buzz? Rodriguez Reviews

• 5h ago

A love letter to the 80's, a heartwarming Sharon-Tate tribute, a movie for showcasing its stars' performance with a fucked-up climax that give the weirdest kind of satisfaction. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood started out with a familiar and nostalgic steps, but then took a hard turn and ended with a bang.

• 6h ago

It was boring and I've sleep Just at the middle of the movie. For me, it's not recomendable.

• 10h ago

Masterfully written, directed and shot. A must see in 2019.

Masterfully written, directed and shot. A must see in 2019.

• 12h ago

Everything is perfect, every scene, every footage, frame, the acting, photography, editing, plot, direction

• 12h ago

I simply loved this film.

I simply loved this film.

• 14h ago

Beautiful aesthetics; needed to be tighter. Needed more of a reason for Robbie to be there (I REJECT YOUR HYPOTHESIS)

• 15h ago

Tarantino evokes Hollywood in 1969 with panache, and though the threat of the Manson family is a constant throughout, the world is populated with fascinating characters that you're very happy to spend 161 minutes with. Rick Dalton may be a whiny has-been actor, but Tarantino is clearly on his side, showing that he's a pretty good one too. Meanwhile Cliff Booth may have killed his wife (though from the nuances in his characterisation I'm guessing he didn't) but his confidence and near-invulnerability makes him magnetic too. Like most of Tarantino's late oeuvre, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood isn't in a rush to get anywhere, but the atmosphere and dialogue sustains the steady pace, and it leads to a gloriously over the top climax that will generate gasps and laughs in hearty doses.