One Bad Cat: The Reverend Albert Wagner Story Reviews

• Aug 17, 2010

I enjoyed this movie from a psychological/ sociological view point. It is interesting to see how this artist spoke of love and God, but his art was so violent and misogynist in nature. His art was raw and he was prejudiced against his own image by portraying Black men so negatively. I felt the biography was filmed nicely and truthfully.

• Jul 03, 2010

What a crazy dude! So this guy, Albert Wagner, is like all sorts of a player and has like 3 wives and over 20 kids. No joke, not an exaggeration. Then one day when he's 50 he becomes a painter and now he's this really famous folk artist. There's paintings all over his house, which serves as kind of a store/museum. He says he talked to God and that's how he started painting. I'm not sure how much I agree with some of the opinions this guy expresses, but he's incredible either way. I don't usually do documentaries, but this one is worth watching just because this guy is so outrageous. Definitely makes me want to go see his house!