Papillon Reviews

• Nov 29, 2019

Great remake but I liked the original a bit more!

Great remake but I liked the original a bit more!

• Sep 16, 2019

Papillon, a remake of the film under the same title starring the likes of acting giants Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman, is a film that will hit or miss with some people. I can see some people loving this flick and some not enjoying it at all. I’m somewhere in the middle, more so enjoyed as it is a very good story as it is lifted right from a true story. I couldn’t shake Jax Teller (Sons of Anarchy) from Charlie Hunnam though. Over all it was a solid watch, I don’t foresee me going out of my way to watch again though.

• Aug 23, 2019

What a powerful and emotional movie!

What a powerful and emotional movie!

• Aug 20, 2019

Despite being a lengthy film, and that the source material is possibly fairly made up. I quite love what this film stands for. I never saw the original, don't feel the need to compare, and like this for what it is. A film about never giving up hope, seeking your freedom, evolving your character, and taking care of your friends. I thought Hunnam and Malek were wonderful, and had excellent chemistry. Will definitely watch again.

• Aug 18, 2019

HATCHOZA, 2019/7/20 Only "fear" was emphasized, and I could not feel the part of the strong human figure that clings to the life I felt in the old work.

• Aug 17, 2019

Not as good as the original but it is quite enjoyable.

Not as good as the original but it is quite enjoyable.

• Jun 11, 2019

Very gripping story with great acting

Very gripping story with great acting

• Jun 01, 2019

It's hard to take Charlie Hunnam off his bike - but he plays the true story role well.

• May 17, 2019

Film was ok 1973 to 2017 When he does 4 years in solitary confinement no cockroaches was harmed and before he went in the guard didnt say any thing about (Not Masterbating) to conserve energy. And when the storm hit the boat to the Island with the nun was very rushed. One min they where in the boat next min he woke up in a bed on the island. Why spend all that money to create a film that does not supersede PAPILLON. Dont make a Remake unless you can make it better

• May 07, 2019

First off, I have not seen the original film, so I can't compare the two. However, I loved this movie. Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek had excellent onscreen chemistry. It was easy to feel the affection between the two characters. I also thought Charlie Hunnam gave a strong portrayal of a person withering away in solitary confinement. I'm torn on whether or not the actors should have attempted French accents, but I suppose it's better to do no accent than to do a crappy attempt at one (I'm looking at you, Keanu in Dracula). Anyway, overall I thought it was a solid and emotional film. I was moved by the final scene between Papillon and Louis. Recommended watching.