Polaroid Reviews

• Nov 11, 2019

I thought it was a great Pg 13 Horror movie it had great jump scares and a great storyline and plot

• Nov 11, 2019

Predictable & Fun. A movie just to get the thrills out of you. One worth your time watching. Exceeds expectations.

• Nov 02, 2019

Polaroid details the horror that ensues after a high school loner, Kathryn Prescott as (Bird) gets her hands on an old (and haunted) self-developing camera, it doesn't take long to discover that those who have their picture taken meet a tragic end. This re-created Final Destination, Ringu story has several things going for it. Frankly, some of the cause-and-effect dynamics of the story are much cleverer than you would ever expect. The backstory Klevberg and screenwriter Blair Butler un-spool is also quite creepy. The writers tried to create a little bit of depth to the main cast by adding a bit of back story to some essential characters. They also managed to create some twist like elements and those that hang in there to the end of this movie will like the final scenes the most. Polaroid never transcends its B-movie budget, but it is oddly and unexpectedly fun. If you give it a chance as an avid horror fan, I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate it for what it is. It accomplishes what it sets out to do with it's creepy story.

• Oct 12, 2019

"Polaroid" is an arguably good-looking, all-the-clichés-rehashing mainstream paranormal horror flick, which offers some entertainment and cheap teen scares. For my 930th horror film "Polaroid" makes a painfully average entry in the list. The good things here are as follows: decent acting, alright characters, some okay scare sequences, itsy bitsy twisty plot etc., etc. But, the good things become not-so-good things when You've seen them a hundred times before. The characters and the plot come from an uninspired, unoriginal script, it's quite predictable and the twists have little to no impact. The scares are disappointingly whack, except for two or three creative sequences. It's just... not a wholesome movie at all. The concept itself is cool & there's potential in it, but the writer chose to give in to all the Hollywood-ish ways instead of trying to stand out. The cinematography's cold and smokey, not a lot of complaints there. What else... The original score is there and it works, but it's as uninspirined as the plot. Objectivily, it's definitely a 5/10, subjectively I'd want to give it less. I do recommend this to anyone who's not calling himself a horror fan & to all the teens that need a late night light horror flick, "Polaroid" makes a decent pg-13 rated horror. All in all, a disappointing expierence. I hope Lars Klevberg does a better job on "Child's Play", I really do.

• Oct 07, 2019

the story was good but forgettable. low-budget feels.

the story was good but forgettable. low-budget feels.

• Sep 30, 2019

The start of this movie is definitely to please. The characters and story development is definitely on par. Creature Effects and CGI Fantastic! Overall for a Horror Movie, its definitely something different but on the same concept of Wish Upon. Personally I think it was much better then Wish Upon. Great Plot, Great Rising Action. Great falling action, and Great Cilmax. Mild Scares, and some Jump Scares. Overall 3.5/5

• Sep 25, 2019

Polaroid is a supernatural horror teen movie with an interesting twist about polaroid camera. It is atmospheric in building its tense and horror like repetitive scenes in dark and cold places as well as usage of dim lighting and scary background sound in most settings. Plot may have seen alreay in other horror flicks but this one is still worth to watch for its entertaining value. Polaroid is based on a Norwegian short film of the same title and both directed by the same director Lars Klevberg.

• Sep 11, 2019

Fresh suspense movie, classic scenario but got you till the end.

Fresh suspense movie, classic scenario but got you till the end.

• Sep 07, 2019

Already watched this lol! Why is it being released in theaters when you can watch it at home right now? But whatever it was a good watch! I’d watch it again!

• Sep 06, 2019

Polaroid's storyline is too similar to the classic horror movie without interesting subject , but it manages to scare with a good dark ambience.