Pope Dreams Reviews

• Feb 25, 2012

Good example of a dumb indie comedy that doesn't really do anything worth watching. Means well but comes off like a clique we have seen a trillion times before. Good example that modern day directors dont know how to make a teen movie anymore.

• Jan 04, 2012

A sweet poignant film about a young man trying to find himself and cope with his mother's death and father's pressure to grow up. Great acting by Phillip Vaden.

• Jan 04, 2012

If you enjoyed “Juno,” “The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio,” and “Waitress,” you will love this movie! Well paced screenplay with sincere, realistic dialogue. You know it is great acting when they don’t even look like they are acting. Teenagers are not the only people who have angst. Will make my list of best movies I’ve seen in 2009.

• Jan 04, 2012

In a perfect world everything goes the way we planed, unfortunately the world is far from perfect and things scarcely workout the way we want. As seen in this film, sometimes life has different plans for us and those we love.

• Jan 04, 2012

A big surprise. Nice performances and a story that could have easily been taken in a formulaic direction but surprise at every turn. Nice work.

• Jan 04, 2012

Let me save you 85 minutes of your time (which will feel like eternity if you watch this flick). DO NOT RENT! RENTER OR BUYER BEWARE! You WILL end up in a coma. In all seriousness, it was lame. As my dear brother-in-law pointed out that when a movie basis its synopsis by comparing it to other movies it is not a good sign. Garden State my foot.

• Jun 25, 2009

this movie was decent & then the ending made me want to KILL someone! & not in a "oh, so sad" kind of way, but in a, "what was the shittiest ending to a film EVER!" kind of way

• Mar 12, 2009

I love independent film for bringing sweet stories like this one to the screen. Despite the rather silly title, this story of a teen boy totally adrift as his mother is dying of cancer hits many of the right notes and mostly avoids being maudlin. I especially liked the theme that came out in the "romantic" subplot: "you intended it for harm, but God intended it for good" (what the Bible's Joseph says to his brothers who'd sold him into slavery). Had Andy never met the manipulative beauty Brady, his true talent would have remained unnoticed and unappreciated.

• Dec 05, 2008

Low-end mediocre mainstream teen-fare.

Low-end mediocre mainstream teen-fare.

• Nov 27, 2008

It doesn't seem like a popular movie on Facebook :] anyway, it was average, nothing special, a bit sad, a bit teenage-like, a bit promising... something not requiring too much of my attention while watching.