Rabbit Hole Reviews

• Feb 10, 2019

This film is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s slow, yes, itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s dark, because itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s about incomprehensible loss. How do you make an action-packed adventure movie about grief? The negative reviews are tone-deafï¿ 1/2 1/2"they canï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t see or hear or feel what drives this movie. They donï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t want to see a movie about grief. Fine. But it is authentic, with fantastic performances from all the actors, and has been a cathartic touchstone for me when losses hit. If you canï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t handle feeling some of the hardest emotions human beings can feel, donï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)t watch it. If youï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)re looking for comfort or hope in the midst of tragic loss, watch this movie. Iï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)m so grateful it was made.

• Jul 16, 2018

Simple, but not too remarkable tale about loss and grief; the good cast makes it worth the watch.

• Mar 15, 2018

Enjoyable...worth the money. I'd watch it again.

Enjoyable...worth the money. I'd watch it again.

• Nov 24, 2017

Based on David Lindsay-Abaire's Pulitzer Prize winning play of the same name, director John Cameron Mitchell's "Rabbit Hole" is an absolute wallop of a drama, featuring plaintive performances that never even begin to border on being too schlocky or too Hollywood, some really idyllic camerawork and imagery throughout, and - most importantly - a supremely fascinating and unique take on the thematic topic of grieving process, closure, and death. It really is keen dramatic work. Lindsay-Abaire, who also penned the film's screenplay, has this excellent knack for keeping things super simple and quiet, yet pregnant with subtext and meaning. It's no wonder why the text that the film's based on is so renowned. Kidman and Eckhart are incredible. I at no point doubted their onscreen interactions and chemistry, which - again - are just rife with so many notions left unsaid. I gotta' say, I was pleasantly surprised with this film, despite its dour subject matter. It was truly worth the watch.

• Sep 18, 2017

This is a very, very sad movie but, so very well acted!

This is a very, very sad movie but, so very well acted!

• May 28, 2017

This movie is well worth watching. The subject matter is truly sorrowful, but I didn't shed a tear and I cry at movies, happy and sad. I stayed focused on the characters and how they reacted to this tragic event, instead of the actual event itself. The acting is top notch. Nicole Kidman was nominated for a well deserved Oscar, she didn't win, but she was just so great in this part. Worth your time.

• May 15, 2017

When we see that life's routines can't bring those we wished to see back. When we see we try travelling to every destination to reach the the same place we started, but we see we do it not alone. When we see we can't hold ourselves back, distract ourselves, or care to be influenced by others thst we see are not like us. When we see all have to grow and move on from such points of tragedy in our life to live with what no longer see and accept seeing what we now can see.

• Apr 08, 2017

Both leads I am not a fan of but they act well, the story is the real reason the movie is good. Honest and real right up until the well done ending.

• Mar 28, 2017

One noted and sad. Deals with how people grieve in different ways. It was sort of boring too me..

• Mar 24, 2017

Rabbit Hole is a somber look into tragedies and the human response to them and John Cameron Mitchell is able to craft, with the help of it's two excellent stars, a movie that is brutally realistic and one that latches on to your emotions and never lets go.