Spaceballs Reviews

• 5d ago

While some of the gags fall flat and it prefers to be a slapstick comedy with parody elements rather than a full-on Star Wars spoof, Spaceballs is still an entertaining Mel Brooks comedy that's much better than the critics made it out to be - the movie had the misfortune of coming out at a time when people were sure the Star Wars franchise had run its course - with entertaining comedy villains and glorious fourth-wall breaking mayhem before Deadpool did it. Seriously, I don't understand why Spaceballs has such mixed reviews when its still miles better, and much more quotable, than the Friedberg-Seltzer "parodies".

• Nov 23, 2019

Rotten Tomatoes gives Spaceballs 59% but gives the Last Jedi over 90%. I'm apalled at the imcompotence of this brand

• Nov 19, 2019

This movie was so STUPID. I didn't understand any of it. Much like my husband can't understand why I'm always mad at him. I married him 6 years ago and he still has NEVER ONCE MADE DINNER FOR ME. I always make dinner, I always clean up, I always do everything around the house and what does he do!!! NOTHING. When I was little my father would always help my mother in everything but JERRY... JERRY doesn't help me with anything. I deserve better.

• Nov 14, 2019

Mel Brooks in space. Great movie.

Mel Brooks in space. Great movie.

• Nov 03, 2019

Brilliant. Brooks is a genius.

Brilliant. Brooks is a genius.

• Oct 18, 2019

"Spaceballs" itself is older than many millennials, but thanks to its enduring riffing on the mighty and timeless "Star Wars," this is a parody that continues to get traction with goofballs from all generations. And deservedly so. Planet Spaceball is under the command of the thoroughly bumbling President Skroob, played by the legendary Mel Brooks. The planet is fresh out of fresh air, so they've got to pillage planet Druida for its stash. Colonel Sandurz (George Wyner) helms the ludicrously elongated star destroyer charged with the task, but Skroob has the Colonel's every action double-checked by the constant presence of the joyfully lame Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis). Down on the planet's surface, the Princess (Daphne Zuniga) seems ill-fated to marry the enemy Prince. Sound familiar enough? It's a lights-out comedy cast, further bolstered by the genius hand-picking of Dick Van Patten as King Rolan, Bill Pullman as Lone Starr, and the inimitable John Candy as Barf. Also making an appearance is one Pizza The Hut. Released a full decade after "Star Wars," critics at the time thought "Spaceballs" may have dragged its feet before taking on the task of spoofing the sci-fi masterpiece. No one could have dreamed the "Star Wars" saga would still be alive today, and potentially open for a new round of hilarious ridicule. Could "Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money" still come to life? Judging from the enduring greatness of its predecessor, perhaps it well should.

• Oct 17, 2019

This was and still is the best spoof on Star Wars. It was funny and was some of the best characters these actors and actresses ever did.

• Oct 17, 2019

What a brilliant Star Wars parody.

What a brilliant Star Wars parody.

• Oct 14, 2019

One of my favorites. So many quotable lines. Awesome cast!

One of my favorites. So many quotable lines. Awesome cast!

• Sep 26, 2019

THE SWARTZ! how dare they pick on star wars and do it so well. Good clean humor, fun for anyone who has seen Star Wars.