Spider-Man: Homecoming Reviews

• 10h ago

Kinda boring compared to the originals, but they finally found an actor that looks and acts young enough.

• 1d ago

A great introduction film for Spider-man into the MCU. I know he was briefly in Civil War, but this gave us a great idea of the new rebooted spider-man. It was great to see a hero solving more than just end of the world problems. Tom Holland is great in his role adding a great awkwardness and humor that his predecessors didn't.

• 3d ago

Surprisingly fresh and funny with Tom Holland making spider-man feel like a kid again, with a basic Villain that is great, while seeing peter back at school with friends.

• 5d ago

Objectively speaking this is one of the best MCU movies to date. A lot of people criticize the movie for not being like the adaptation but regadless if it's like the comics or not this is a very well made movie. The plot moves from point A to B very smoothly due to it's simplicity and I never found myself confused or questioning why characters chose to do certain things. Not to mention that our protagonist Peter Parker is a very likable. Peter is a the youngest member of the avengers (though he isn't a fully fledged member of the team yet in the film) and is seen as Tony Starks (Iron Man) protegé and intern. Another common criticism that I've heard for this movie is that Spiderman is always rescued by Iron Man and is never on his own unlike the other movies or even the comics however Spiderman IS on his own throughout the majority of the film. He's seen as a young and dumb teenager that has a lot to learn about the world so some of the adults don't take him seriously at times. This leads to Spiderman having to deal with a lot of the confilcts on his own. Tom Holland absolutely nails his character and is the best Spiderman we've had yet. It also wouldn't make sense to not have a member of the the avengers in the film because this is the first Spiderman movie set in a cinematic universe filled with other superheroes. It seems to be the formula for the newer Marvel movies to incorporate other heroes alongside our protagonists (Civil war is a great example of this considering how the plot ties in multiple different avengers) Many people criticized Iron Man 3 because it didn't feel like it was set in the MCU considering how the president was kidnapped and he was the only avenger to show up. Anyway thats just another reason why this movie excels because the way the the avengers play a role in people's day to day lives is very clever. The world around them is impacted by what these heroes do and Spiderman Homecoming shows it. From workers cleaning up the mess from the alien invasion in the original avengers to Peters gym teacher showing him a clip of Captain America doing a PSA speech about puberty. Lastly, Michael Keaton also killed his role as Vulture and I know that this is subjective but the film is absolutely hilarious.

• Oct 14, 2019

A good spider-man film that has to be called one day a classic.

A good spider-man film that has to be called one day a classic.

• Oct 14, 2019

Tom Holland is truly the greatest Spider-Man. He's the perfect Peter Parker as well, and he does a great job of reminding us that Peter is just a young kid who wants to spend time with the girl he has a crush on but has the strength to step up when needed.

• Oct 10, 2019

Spider-Man now suffer the ''MCU problem'', being heavily attached to Tony Stark, a lot of unnecessary humor and bad jokes, generic score, laughable CGI, lucky, great performance by Tom Holland and Michael Keaton and a great third act saves the film.

• Oct 09, 2019

Great movie, a lot of fun, Tom Holland did a great job als Peter Parker. It left me wanting more.

• Oct 07, 2019

I find it heart-warming that Sony was able to work out a deal with Marvel Studios to give Spider-Man the movie he deserved. Tom Holland is Peter Parker in my book now; his innocence and humor fit the character in a way no previous version has. Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture was a great choice, he was able to deliver a terrifying sociopath with subtle hints of menace. My favorite scene was where Adrian Toomes is driving Peter Parker to Homecoming and the conversation takes a dark turn as they start to figure things out about each other; I was in awe at how well this scene was executed as it relied so much on acting and subtext. I did have an issue with the movie's "reverse white-washing" (I guess you would call it?). I feel that it's too distracting and unnecessary to change the race of previously established characters for no reason. Although I'm not against having more diversity in media, it's just distracting and unsatisfying to see a character with very specific traits changed for no reason, especially after they captured Spider-Man/Peter Parker so well.

• Oct 07, 2019

I gotta say that i love Tom Holland as Spider-man. This movie has the second best villain of the MCU after Killmonger. Vulture has a real reason to do crimes. This movie is a teen comedy whit some spider-man staff and I love it