Tag Reviews

• Nov 21, 2019

Its not to say that there aren't good things in this movie that keep you invested enough to stay to the end it's just that the movie is distinctly average. Ed helms kind of keeps the whole thing together. The ending is nice which leaves you on a positive note. 1 week later you will struggle to remember a single joke or quotable line.

• Nov 07, 2019

Holy s***, this was funny as all hell. Every single thing they did was so over the damn top. And Jeremy Renner had me in tears with the parkour. Would seriously recommend this, still can't believe this was based on a true story.

• Nov 07, 2019

Possibly one of the most boring, unfunny, ridiculous film I have ever seen. Not once I have ever seen a scenery in this entire movie that is so funny!! Ed Helms is always this person who tries to be funny, but fails in every way! And don't get me started on Isla Fisher!! Holy shit, she is the worst FUCKING actress of all time!! Every single movie she's in, just stinks!! Not once she's good in movies!!

• Oct 17, 2019

pretty funny, but dragged out towards the end

pretty funny, but dragged out towards the end

• Oct 06, 2019

Tag stars Ed Helms, Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, Jake Johnson and Jeremy Renner as friends from grade school who have been playing the game of Tag for over 30 years. The movie is based on true events who still play the game. The guys have been trying to tag each other but Jeremy Renner's character has been reigning champ of never being tagged. This is one of the funniest movies I have seen in such a long time. It was fun, with a great cast except for Hannibal Burgess, but overall it was a very good movie with a a good life learning message. We forget how to play as we get older. Although the premise of the movie was about being tagged, Renner didn't get the idea of being tagged to bring each other together. Great movie, definitely add this to your list.

• Sep 28, 2019

My wife and I watched this movie for the first time the night. If you don't find this movie funny there's something wrong with you. Must See.

• Sep 24, 2019

Didn't do it for me.

Didn't do it for me.

• Sep 19, 2019

It was a very funny movie with an original story

It was a very funny movie with an original story

• Sep 19, 2019

This film has a lot of positives. The basic pitch for the film (group of friends play the same game of tag for 30 years) is interesting and engaging, the soundtrack is great, the tag scenes are shot like an action movie which is both ridiculous and cool, and the cast are (almost) all so nonchalantly charismatic that they force you to care. But there's just something so annoyingly formulaic about the script that all of those good elements are all having to fight hard against it just to get any positivity. The plot moves along in a very obvious, mechanical way, with elements clearly added in simply to pad out the running time. I was very excited by the trailer, because it had an element of heart that seemed perfectly designed to bring some emotion to what was just a great, simple one line premise. But the actual film gos to the emotional well far too early, which means that what could have been a great blob of pathos at the end of the film becomes stretched wafer thin over the entire thing. I mentioned the cat were almost all great, and the almost is down to Ed Helms. Now I'm a big Ed Helms fan, make no mistake, but as the ostensible lead character here, he doesn't quite hit the balance between the oddness of the story and a relatable 'normal guy' character that the script asks him to be. I just need my Ed Helms to be weirder, I think. But when Ed let me down, I was picked up Jake Johnson, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner and Hannibal Buress and all was well.

• Sep 10, 2019

I'd have enjoyed it more if Jeremy Renner wasn't just playing Jeremy Renner in the movie.