Tag Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

Tag stars Ed Helms, Jon Hamm, Isla Fisher, Jake Johnson and Jeremy Renner as friends from grade school who have been playing the game of Tag for over 30 years. The movie is based on true events who still play the game. The guys have been trying to tag each other but Jeremy Renner's character has been reigning champ of never being tagged. This is one of the funniest movies I have seen in such a long time. It was fun, with a great cast except for Hannibal Burgess, but overall it was a very good movie with a a good life learning message. We forget how to play as we get older. Although the premise of the movie was about being tagged, Renner didn't get the idea of being tagged to bring each other together. Great movie, definitely add this to your list.

• Sep 28, 2019

My wife and I watched this movie for the first time the night. If you don't find this movie funny there's something wrong with you. Must See.

• Sep 24, 2019

Didn't do it for me.

Didn't do it for me.

• Sep 19, 2019

It was a very funny movie with an original story

It was a very funny movie with an original story

• Sep 19, 2019

This film has a lot of positives. The basic pitch for the film (group of friends play the same game of tag for 30 years) is interesting and engaging, the soundtrack is great, the tag scenes are shot like an action movie which is both ridiculous and cool, and the cast are (almost) all so nonchalantly charismatic that they force you to care. But there's just something so annoyingly formulaic about the script that all of those good elements are all having to fight hard against it just to get any positivity. The plot moves along in a very obvious, mechanical way, with elements clearly added in simply to pad out the running time. I was very excited by the trailer, because it had an element of heart that seemed perfectly designed to bring some emotion to what was just a great, simple one line premise. But the actual film gos to the emotional well far too early, which means that what could have been a great blob of pathos at the end of the film becomes stretched wafer thin over the entire thing. I mentioned the cat were almost all great, and the almost is down to Ed Helms. Now I'm a big Ed Helms fan, make no mistake, but as the ostensible lead character here, he doesn't quite hit the balance between the oddness of the story and a relatable 'normal guy' character that the script asks him to be. I just need my Ed Helms to be weirder, I think. But when Ed let me down, I was picked up Jake Johnson, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner and Hannibal Buress and all was well.

• Sep 10, 2019

I'd have enjoyed it more if Jeremy Renner wasn't just playing Jeremy Renner in the movie.

• Sep 07, 2019

Absolutely hilarious and definitely worth watching

Absolutely hilarious and definitely worth watching

• Aug 28, 2019

A hilarious adventure that is sure to take you back and make you wish it went on forever.

• Aug 19, 2019

Tag is a extremely funny and while dumb, it tells the true story of friends and the game they played as kid's and adults, helms and Hamm are comedy gold in this and Renner proves he's king of tag

• Aug 18, 2019

I liked this comedy based on a real group of friends--it was unusual and showed how a group of friends kept close to each other by playing a childhood game, an admirable goal.