The Australian Dream Reviews

• Nov 26, 2019

Unreal. A must watch!!!

Unreal. A must watch!!!

• Sep 08, 2019

A moving and powerful experience. I wept for a people relentlessly bullied and despised by a nation that seems to have lost its way. Probably because, as Stan Grant so eloquently stated, it is a nation that cannot except its own history. Yet I walked out with a glimmer of hope of what Australia can and should be.

• Sep 03, 2019

This documentary deals with topic that is hard to discuss. The only way we can get rid of racism is to have these conversations. The mistakes made by white colonialism needs to be addressed! The story was incredible and so well presented and I think this is a movie every child and adult should watch. Loved it. Adam is an inspiration. The director did an amazing job. The gentleman who wrote it and narrated it is my hero. Thank you for making this documentary!

• Aug 27, 2019

Thought provoking and powerful. This film is a reminder of some very disturbing events from the past 230 years of white occupation: the dispossession of land, the genocide, and the stolen generation. Sure, our history class very briefly touched on these issues, however, this film highlights the relevance of these issues to modern day indigenous people. It's heart breaking. It shows us the ugly side of humans, and the best side of humans, and highlights the need to for us to all move forward as a collective Australia, rather than a divided one based on race. I learnt so much from this film, and was really moved by it's confronting honesty. It made me challenge a lot of my perceptions of the indigenous community. For this opportunity to learn and grow, I am grateful. It's definitely a must watch for everyone, including all schools.

• Aug 26, 2019

Great movie, only 7 in the theatre, sunday matinee, Morrayfield. Maybe everyone else will do it for them.

• Aug 24, 2019

This is a must-see film for Australians and anyone who wants to understand racism and its damaging impact. Don't let that put you off if you're concerned about it being too earnest and depressing. It avoids that. It is a serious subject but handled deftly. You don't need to give a toss about AFL to appreciate it. Adam Goodes is such a great character and Stan Grants speech had me in tears. I have so much to learn about our heritage.

• Aug 21, 2019

A gritty, very real insight into the man who is a courageous voice for a new conversation. This wonderful documentary manages to be both painful and hopeful at the same time. A challenge to who we are as a nation.

• Aug 19, 2019

Was privileged to be at the Adelaide Premiere of <i>The Australian Dream</i> (19/8). It is not without issues...viz it is way too long. Really Two Episodes of a documentary crammed into one film. Nevertheless it is quite good to sit through the whole thing...some (in a packed house) found it hard. It has a certain narrative structure ...but it gets distracted and wanders off course...viz while it is worth exposing Sam Newman as a buffoon, let's face it we didn't all need to see that to know that he is indeed as thick as two planks. Quite good to include contrary commentary (Andrew Bolt) but in the end it just makes your skin creep [ or so my daughter told me]. Shallow and predictable reactionary commentary. Goodes comes off well ( but naive in my opinion), and Grant ties it altogether (just) . I give it 5 stars..but it is irritating..perhaps this is how it should be!