The Delinquent Season Reviews

• Jan 12, 2019

Tale shows what happens when boundaries are crossed and life deals unexpected hands. Falls short on communicating the pain of broken relationships - but it is decent in this kind of love affair genre.

• Dec 04, 2018

I was looking for a romantic, drama to see when I stumbled upon The Delinquent Season. I watched it recently and was absorbed by all the drama that took place. I kept wondering how this was going to end, and I wasnâ(TM)t let down by the dark yet realistic ending. It was romantic and it was genuine. I was impressed by the nature of this movie, as it accurately depicted modern romances and affairs. I would definitely say this is a movie in which I didnâ(TM)t know what to expect but I couldnâ(TM)t keep my eyes off the screen.

• Dec 03, 2018

This movie was admittedly way better than I thought it would be, so I was happily surprised when I found myself loving this whole film. There's so much drama and heart break and love and the acting was so well that everything seemed to organic and natural. Highly recommend!

• Nov 27, 2018

Serious and dark, The Delinquent Season is a dramatic romance that explores the problems of adultery and tests the bonds of marriage. The film centers around two wedded couples who are friendly to one another, having evening dinners together and date nights out. The issues arise when the couples begin to partake in an affair. This follows a chain of events that will lead to a downward spiral of the marriages, revealing that not all relationships are what they seem with the given circumstances. The cinematography reflects the atmosphere of the story, being very grim and unpredictable, making the movie intense. The acting exceptional, specifically the performance of Catherine Walker who demonstrates her character with raw emotion. Being impressed by the movie overall, this provided me with a great blend of intense drama and romantic dilemmas.

• Nov 27, 2018

Delinquent Season was a great film about the struggles and triumphs of finding love. Written and directed by Mark Oï¿ 1/2(TM)Rowe, this is a romantic drama about two people, both married to other people, who fall for each other a time when everything else feels wrong. Oï¿ 1/2(TM)Rowe writes these characters to be both relatable and obscure. As I watched these two make mistakes for their relationship I felt as if it truly depicted the difficulty with finding the right person at the wrong time. The leads, Cillian Murphy and Catherine Walker beautifully portray the passion and heartbreak these characters experience. Every emotion is visible in their voice, keeping me at the edge of my seat as I watched what happened next. I would definitely recommend to someone who enjoys romance.

• Nov 27, 2018

Mark Oï¿ 1/2(TM)Rowe has done a fantastic job in creating an interesting and realistic look into affairs. The Delinquent Season is an Irish drama about two couples having troubles in their marriages and two of them finding comfort in one another. What makes this a fantastic film is that all four of them have reasons for behaving how they have and creates this very interesting web of lies and gilt that this new pair find themselves in. While the movie does a great job at setting up these other character the strength of the film comes from the performances from Cillian Murphy and Eva Birthistle. The passion and guilt that comes from these two actors really takes this film up another level. I would recommend this film to anyone looking for a realistic drama.

• Nov 19, 2018

Delinquent Season hits the nail on the head when It comes to suspense, drama and romance all in one film. Written by Mark O'Rowe, this love affair portrays two families in the heart of Ireland. As their relationships begin to transform in more intimate ways, Cillian Murphy and Eva Birthistle are forced to make decisions that will dramatically change their family, their friends and their own being. How can something so wrong seem so amazing? The importance of decision making and how it effects even the smallest aspects of one's life are brought to the surface. Even the deadliest of sins can be disguised as something beautiful.

• Nov 12, 2018

Pretty good grasp on modern relationships and good presentation. It goes a bit dull in the middle but makes up for it later. Quite entertaining and funny.

• Nov 12, 2018

just an amazingly well written and performed set of intertwined characters. Really glad I happened to go see it in the theater. Really gets you involved. Not a comedy at all but I was snickering at the tense moments because I could relate.

• Aug 02, 2018

Lame on almost every level except for Cillian's presence.

Lame on almost every level except for Cillian's presence.