The Irishman Reviews

• 11h ago

I thought the Irishman was a great movie, as someone who's not overly familiar with Scorsese's work. I'm also not overly familiar with crime movies either, but I can tell you I've never heard of a crime movie with a 3 and a half hour long runtime. I feel like this is really what sets this movie back, because there's clearly parts of the movie that can be cut out, even if these parts of the movie are a little fun to watch. I feel like this is a case of a director having TOO much freedom, such as Stephen King writing 1000-page novels. Having a movie with a 3 and a half hour runtime just isn't something many people can watch all the way through without feel bored or tired of the same thing. Nonetheless I'm happy this is on Netflix, because I probably wouldn't have seen it in a theatre. Anyways, as for the movie itself, it's great. It's very interesting to see these real life characters grow and develop, and try to balance out their friends, family and work while talking in Italian accents. It's a great movie, if you see it in parts.

• 11h ago

With a great director, a bunch of amazing actors, a very good story is almost impossible to do a bad movie, let's face it. Still I think "The Irishman" is overrated: it goes from more to less, and get lost in the middle in tedious moments. With a normal running time would have been ok, but if you keep me in front of the screen for 3.30h, you better have to reach the peaks of "The Godfather" or "Once Upon a Time in America".

• 12h ago

It had some surprisingly dull moments as well as exciting times. Nobody has anything negative to say about the cast, that was amazing to see the two legends in the same scene but it was the same with all the other gangster movies and it was way too long.

• 12h ago

The de-aging stuff looked like shit and it is seriously way too long. Luckily it has well-known Italians playing Irishmen ¯\(°_o)/¯. It doesn't bother me that people think this is a masterpiece but it's not even close to being as rewatchable as Goodfellas or Casino.

• 13h ago

a waste of a lot of time. some minor interest to the extent its based on true events. pacino is good. but ms is repeating himself, and has been for quite a while. slow and dull, interrupted by occasional sudden acts of violence. no emotional impact. very disappointing.

• 14h ago

Absolutely the best movie of the year and definitely one of Martin's best. The de-aging can be a bit distracting at times, but if you look past that, it is a masterpiece.

• 16h ago

I wish zero stars were possible. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. What makes it worse than let’s say Aquaman is the pain just keeps coming for well over 3 hrs. When I am on my deathbed I will look back and say man I wish I had that time back. Martin, Robert, Al, Joe, you have all lost it. Go to the beach, be with your family, write a book, but please for the love of all things sacred and beautiful do not make another movie.

9,4/10 .

9,4/10 .

Great movie, best performance of best actor

Great movie, best performance of best actor

• 17h ago

One of the finest mafia movie made. Every minute of this movie felt and can be a story it self. Its a 209 minutes of rib thumping, heart pumping saga. Every character of this movie was beautifully played and done justice to their part..