The Jungle Book Reviews

• 5d ago

8/10 A marked improvement over the original (though without the groovy music or style).

• Oct 04, 2019

Beautifully shot and has a great sense of wonder.

Beautifully shot and has a great sense of wonder.

• Sep 22, 2019

Great voice acting all around. The CGI is very well done. A good live action version of the original Jungle Book.

• Sep 22, 2019

Not as good as the critics say, but it's not a bad movie by all means. Just fine.

• Sep 21, 2019

One of the things I loved about the original animated film was that you couldn't recognise the voices. I could hear Idris Elba doing the voice of Sheer Khan and couldn't take his presence in the film seriously because of that. I felt that the story was altered and I really didn't like how they changed the character of Baloo. I thought he wasn't very likeable and actually really annoying. Overall, a really poor film.

• Sep 15, 2019

love the visuals makes this movie feal so alive

love the visuals makes this movie feal so alive

• Sep 13, 2019

Whilst Disney remakes have been hit and miss in recent years, this is most definitely a hit, not only because it gives the film a fresh new look, but it reinterprets the source material in an imaginative way, improving on the original in many ways, and doesn't feel like it's been remade shot for shot. The big pull of this film is its visual effects, the whole thing is just visually stunning, and well deserving of its Oscar win amongst other accolades. A lot of the casting choices were just brilliant, Scarlett Johansson as Kaa in particular was a stroke of genius, and we can't ignore the performance of young Neel Sethi as Mowgli, that kid has a bright future ahead of him, especially should he choose acting as a way forward. Movie remakes are always a big risk, especially when the initial film was so successful and well made, but where films like the Wicker Man, Psycho and the Jazz Singer fell well short, this one is an outright triumph.

• Sep 08, 2019

Perhaps the best live action remake Disney has made, The Jungle Book shows you just how flawed The Lion King remake was. From it's amazing "non politically" picked cast to CGI animals that actually show emotion when they talk. It is truly a masterpiece of a movie. Neel Sethi (Mowgli) gives an amazing performance given he's interacting with CGI animals that aren't in front of him. Of course it helps when your voice acting cast are actual actors. Idris Elba as the tiger Shere Khan, is perfect, you really feel his vengeful spirit. Bill Murray as the lazy but lovable bear Baloo is hilarious. Ben Kingsley kills it as the wise panther (or leopard?) Bagheera. Scarlett Johansson as the seductive giant snake Kaa was really good. Christopher Walken gives a creepy but awesome performance as the giant Orangutan King Louie. The reality is that this movie was PROPERLY CASTED and you feel the results throughout the whole adventure because the animals do feel alive with emotion. You never feel like someone is just reading a script in a booth (like you do many times in Lion King) and that helps deliver the message of "accepting others even though different" very well. The story is not a complete copy of the original (unlike Lion King) which helps give it more freshness. I don't know how director Jon Farveau's (he directed both Jungle Book and Lion King) two movies could feel so apart from each other in quality. Perhaps Disney executives got involved in the casting of the most recent movie? The original Jungle Book is not a very popular animated film in my opinion, so maybe that's why Disney selected ACTORS NOT SINGERS for this one. FINAL REVIEW: 9.5 out of 10. Masterpiece.

• Aug 27, 2019

Just watch the original. This one had nothing much going on, except excellent CGI. Not much emotional heart though.

• Aug 23, 2019

Not worth your time. All of the actors phoned in their lines (except Ben Kingsley) and the tone of the writing was all over the place. Just see Zootopia a second time instead. Or better yet, just watch the 1994 live action Jungle Book.