Dr Seuss' The Lorax Reviews

• Oct 29, 2019

A travesty and a betrayal of the source material in the worst possible way. Go read the book and save a buck. It'll be better for your kids than lazily sitting them in front of this caca.

• Sep 25, 2019

Not enjoyable for adults but colorful and entertaining for kids

Not enjoyable for adults but colorful and entertaining for kids

• Sep 10, 2019

It spread a great message and was great

It spread a great message and was great

• Sep 08, 2019

amazing movie. educational in regards to pollution and the environment, catchy songs, funny and loving characters.

• Aug 13, 2019

This movie is made by Illumination, nuff' said!

This movie is made by Illumination, nuff' said!

• Jamie
    Jul 29, 2019

YOU GREEDY DIRTBAG!!!

YOU GREEDY DIRTBAG!!!

• Jul 18, 2019

This film, I was pleasantly surprised at, having watched it 3 days in a row now, and it growing on me each time I have seen it. Firstly the songs are seriously catchy and will circle around your head for days, like the Lego Movie soundtrack. I feel that Dr Seuss probably would have been uncomfortable with this film being made in the first place, but I would arguably claim this is Illumination's best animated feature, in terms of the message it conveys, vivid Mia-en-scene, edgy character design and best musical score of all of there films. To start with I was a bit confused by the way the story was arranged, but understood why by the end of the film, and I thought the ending was very touching, and unlike some other Illumination films it ended on quite a poignant and thoughtful note, rather than a dance number or something like that, which I thought was much more fitting. This film defines why Illumination is a big contender in the animation world, my only trouble is that the 2 story arcs, makes the viewer pick and choose what part of the film they actually want to follow or not. Personally I thought the Once-ler's Storyline was much more exciting than the Thneedvulle one, but then again it adds to the book and creates more depth. The lyrics to the opening song in particular, are unbelievably Whitty and combined with the bright Colour palette, this film got my attention straight away. Worth a watch if you ask me.

• Jul 11, 2019

this movie completely warps the message of Dr Suess. the songs were annoying. and it tried to be hip when it doesn't need to be

• Jul 06, 2019

The Lorax has the look of Dr.Seuss but not the feel.

The Lorax has the look of Dr.Seuss but not the feel.

• Maureen B
    Jun 26, 2019

Great movie fun and went along with the books!

Great movie fun and went along with the books!