The Miseducation of Cameron Post Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

This film demonstrates the cruelty of "conversion therapy" without the grim graphic quality of some "movie of the week" type soap operas I've seen, and much better acting.

• Aug 01, 2019

There are a couple of reasons why you might find yourself laughing when watching The Miseducation Of Cameron Post. One of them is because of the genuinely witty dialogue. The other is that kind of uncomfortable laugh that happens when we realise that some of this said dialogue is actually used by real adults towards real young people in an attempt to "de-gay" them in the real world. This film is heartbreaking, relevant, needed and very well acted.

• Jul 14, 2019

Being a queer kid in the midwest and sealing with people telling you over and over something is wrong with you, its the unbearable. This movie presents a straightforward telling of Cameron's reality. And we're all left wondering what happens to them, but knowing they had to go. They had to.

• Jul 05, 2019

Chloë Grace Moretz is a teenager sent to a gay conversion therapy Christian camp in this impressively tender, understated and compassionate film. Boosted by some exceptional performances, the pastor and staff of the camp are never presented as cartoonishly evil; thus it's with all the more power that we realise that sometimes abuse is honestly committed with the idea that it's in the best interests of the victim. Which, of course, makes its ramifications and layers of damage all the more painful.

• Jun 23, 2019

SO GOOD. It portrays the queer experience as a teen so beautifully and honestly.

• Jun 16, 2019

While it doesn't land with as much impact as it should, the contradictory, heart-numbing effects of such a dehabiliting program are conveyed with a keen sense of nuance by Director: Desiree Akhavan. Chloë Grace Moretz's revelatory performance is undoubtedly the highlight of The Miseducation of Cameron Post. Though Cameron is more comfortable nurturing a silence than speaking her mind, Moretz' wry smile and weary eyes convey volumes of emotional turmoil. In its own modest way, it's one of the year's bravest films.

• Jun 15, 2019

Another conversion therapy movie. I don't think we're shocked that these exist anymore - more curious if these types of films are anywhere near an accurate portrayal of what happens there. If so, it's pretty awful.

• May 24, 2019

Brilliant nuanced storytelling of a young woman's oppression of her sexuality.

Brilliant nuanced storytelling of a young woman's oppression of her sexuality.

• Apr 21, 2019

The film appears to trend carefully through the theme and the situation, the reality though is that these things happen still to this day. the slow-burning, realistic approach makes the impact of the ending more powerful. Great performances from Chloe Grace Moretz and Jennifer Ehle.

• Mar 31, 2019

Interesting, enjoyable and provides insight. Without Moretz' performance it would be average but her standout effort makes the movie outstanding.