The Nutcracker and the Four Realms Reviews

• Nov 04, 2019

Boring, one-dimensional and badly acted (the day that Helen Mirren fails to turn in a captivating performance is a sad one), Nutcracker is an overly sugary visual confection made with the barest minimum of Disney Magic.

• Nov 04, 2019

If i could rate it lower, I would. This horrific movie transforms a happy christmas tale into a horrifying nightmare. The characters are made of cardboard. I mean a little girl who wants to be an inventor, but the dad wants her to be a lady. How many times has that father-daughter plotline in a movie? The rat king was completely removed, and replaced by, the sugar plum fairy??? Why is she the villain? The only good part of this movie is morgan freeman, who is in it for five minutes. Don't watch this movie, just don't !

• Oct 22, 2019

This is a beautifully crafted and detailed film. 33% is no match for this special holiday treat; critics are just unable to enjoy what it is and the pure, solid fun it holds for viewers.

• Oct 05, 2019

If it is from Disney it won't say that the movie is exell

If it is from Disney it won't say that the movie is exell

• Sep 22, 2019

I liked and it and didn't. It was beautiful, had a decent story, which I find interesting, but this is the kind of film where each realm shouldn't look like a movie set. It seemed to lack other ways too. I liked the twist in it. And the mice. Alittle over 2 and a half, getting near 3.

• Sep 04, 2019

I really wanted to enjoy this movie. I was excited when it came on Netflix .... then turned into one of the very few movies in my life I didn't finish because I was so bored and turned it off.

• Aug 28, 2019

Actually really well done.

Actually really well done.

• Aug 23, 2019

It's unfortunate that this didn't have a better script, because for the most part the costume and set design are gorgeous. So much care and effort was clearly taken to make everything look amazing, and it does. It feels like Tim Burton by way of Joe Johnston, and even gets perfect creepy at one point, though not scary enough to frighten older children or teens. But the witing is vapid and the story is empty, and much of the acting is painfully stilted. The characters are caracatures, not behaving internally consistently but instead doing and saying whatever the plot needs them to in order to progress the story. There's a surprising amount of ballet in this movie as well; it's not enough for ballet lovers, though, and too much for ballet indifferents. All in all, it's a beautiful mess and not worth your time. Closest comparison: Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton, 2010)

• Aug 02, 2019

Disney failed pretty hard on this one. Mackenzie Foy is a wonderful young actress with a bright future ahead of her she was without question the best part of this movie and she totally outshined every other actor in the film and she looks absolutely stunning. the costume and set design are breathtaking and a lot of effort where clearly put into them. I really liked the bond between clara and her father it was portrayed beautifully. I also really enjoyed the character of Phillip he was delightful. unfortunately the movie has many issues and nothing that really makes up for it. the first act of the movie is extremely slow and boring and the third act feels completely rushed. the movie has many strange and weird scenes that make no sense and are not needed in the film. Kiera Knightley gives a pretty bad performance and I didn't like her character at all. the movie is a waste of time and I will not be watching it again.

• Jul 30, 2019

I must admit. The Nutcracker has outstanding special effects. But it's overall a typical Disney movie. I.E. our female lead has just lost her mother. She is feuding with her father and runs off. She discovers a new world once ruled by her mother and now she must use clues from her mother's past to help defeat the evil. It's typical.