The Return of Martin Guerre (Le Retour de Martin Guerre) Reviews

• Nov 02, 2019

A young handsome Gerard Depedieu in the classic story of Martin Guerre.

A young handsome Gerard Depedieu in the classic story of Martin Guerre.

• Lucho
    Jul 09, 2019

Great cast, cinematography, acting and beautifully directed. Such a joy to watch...

• C.A.Hartley
    Jul 09, 2019

I loved Everthing about film. I was completely carried away into their world.

I loved Everthing about film. I was completely carried away into their world.

• JOHN S
    Jul 07, 2019

The movie is a thriller. It examines the notion of truth as a story we tell ourselves.

• gayle
    Jul 06, 2019

Gerard Depardieu and entire cast in a beautiful, suspenseful rendition of a true story from the 16th century.

• Jul 03, 2019

One of my favorite movies of all time!

One of my favorite movies of all time!

• Jul 02, 2019

This is a classic film, one of the very first European films I watched as a "wee lad" back in the 80s. This along with Cyrano are two of my favorite Depardieu performances. The casting is spot-on, the set is 100% believable, acting is fantastic. Is this a re-mastered version? Why the re-release? that being said, will definitively see it again!

• Apr 22, 2018

An interesting and engrossing movie, which is so wonderful in recreation of the epoch, the 16th century rural France, that it leaves one in awe. Depardieu is as always excellent, as he usually was early back than, in the 80th.

• Jan 30, 2016

This movie is not a story of Martin Guerre but all about his wife. A shocking, subversive love story between a deserted woman and a man who loves her on her real husband's behalf.

• Mar 22, 2015

Loved it. One of my favorite films. It is based on a true story. Your movie info is wrong. Unlike Summersby, the character is not hung for killing himself, but for being an impostor. The wife escapes being hung for the "crime" of adultery by claiming that she was tricked. So glad the times have changed.