The Single Moms Club Reviews

• Sep 13, 2016

SO cheesy and SO ridiculous. But somehow...still kind of fulfilling. Like ready a cheap fantasy paperback.

• Jul 09, 2016

This is just the worst film EVER.

This is just the worst film EVER.

• Feb 07, 2016

once again Tyler Perry proves he's only out for himself making these millennial blaxportation movies. Thanks for keeping the black stereotype alive.

• Sep 10, 2015

A realistic story of a single mom trying to keep her life together.

A realistic story of a single mom trying to keep her life together.

• Sep 10, 2015

It's charming in a humorous way yet doesn't seem as entertaining by the end.

It's charming in a humorous way yet doesn't seem as entertaining by the end.

• Aug 28, 2015

This is a decent cast and could actually have been a watchable movie with a better, less cliche storyline and a director who understood the importance of pacing. As it is, it's just too hard to watch. I made it through a half hour before turning it off...life's too short. I love the Madea movies (some of the storylines are crap but Madea is hilarious). Lesson learned: for me, a Tyler Perry movie needs Madea.

• Jul 07, 2015

it was a bit cheesy at times. I was wondering who was looking after the kids and doing their job when they were meeting up for drinks in the afternoons... perhaps it was over the weekends mostly? I was confused with Hilary, has a second child and acted like she just ended up babysitting it? like... it is your second baby, you have done this before. Anyway some parts were a bit too much, funny at one point and then suddenly sad at another and also at some bits eye-roll worthy. It seems to be a a film about empowering women yet in the end, they are happy as they got their men (lady, however successful/happy you are, it is nothing if you don't have have a man by your side). All in all, if there is nothing else on tv, not even some cartoonst hat you might watch, might as well watch it. P.S. Nia Long was good.

• Jul 05, 2015

I very much enjoyed this movie. Loved the story lines , characters and their dynamics. One of my favorite Tyler Perry movies.

• May 09, 2015

I enjoyed this very much. I feel it just scratched the surface of what single families face. Having friends to lean on or just to talk to works wonders. The support group idea was excellant.

• Apr 11, 2015

The theme of this film is all over the place. At first glance it looks like a film about single moms finding empowerment by one stereotype learning from the other, overcoming misunderstandings along the way. But by the end of the film they all have boyfriends of their own who have all in their own stereotypical way helped the leading ladies find completeness in their lives. There are a few laughs to be had along the way; but ultimately, like the characters, the film just feels like it's missing any real substance.