The Vault Reviews

• Oct 22, 2019

Not sure what it was trying to be (ok I do know) but it failed. The movie is pretty cheesy in regards to both the bank robbery and the supernatural. The acting was pretty good and I thought Pensatucky did a great job. She's totally made for that role. Skip this movie you can find so much better.

• Oct 08, 2019

Surprisingly good! There was good balance between the bank robbery drama and the horror aspect. Some things felt a little rushed, and the acting wasn't the best in a couple of places, but I feel like overall it was worth the watch.

• Sep 08, 2019

Interesting bank heist/supernatural thriller. However, not as well explained and developed as it should have been.

• Aug 08, 2019

Convoluted mess of a movie trying to combine a bank robbery with a supernatural theme. The poor reviews are justified.

• Jul 26, 2019

Original idea. Brilliant.

Original idea. Brilliant.

• Jul 02, 2019

Steady pacing and high tension hold together a good thriller/horror

Steady pacing and high tension hold together a good thriller/horror

• Feb 11, 2019

I am two thirds of the way through this movie, and I see that as of this date (10-Feb-2019) the Tomatometer gives this a 28%. I think that's unfair. I'm not a horror / suspense movie aficionado. I like some genres, and both horror and suspense are two of them. At the 2/3 mark through this movie, I'm committed to seeing how it ends. I mean: I want to know what happens next... UP TO THIS POINT: The acting is good. Sure, there are one or two people who seem like they need lessons, but everyone in general has sold me on the story. People robbing a haunted bank. Got it. I'm in. I have to reiterate: I've seen bad acting, and this movie doesn't really have it. The cinematography is good as well. The people are as believable as I need them to be, and the scenes are scary without being overly enthusiastic about dwelling on the gore. Yes, I question some of the actors' reactions to what's happening, but seriously: it's not to the point of ruining the movie yet. Not even close, really. --- Look... The movie got me to the 2/3 mark, and while the ending is critical: I'm kinda entertained and impressed by the story so far. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN NEXT - but I feel entertained at this point. I might end up hating the movie, or I might end up enjoying it - but as far as being entertain by something I paid a $14/month subscription fee for, I'm "alright" with whatever happens next. ps. this review was written literally at the 2/3 mark. I don;t know how it ends. I may end up loving or hating my own review. Readers and potential movie consumers: the next decision is all yours.

• Feb 06, 2019

The fair number of jump scares (forr which it gets the stars) don't make up for the piss poor detailing and a plot ending you can see coming from a mile away. Twist? What twist? And what police station has a cold case investigation pinned on it's wall 30 years after the crime? One that needs a plot contrivance, clearly. The only one who got away with the money here was James Franco, thanks very much.

• Jan 21, 2019

Franco is good but sadly film isn't... Plot movement doesn't really draw you in or even really make sense from a story telling perspective...and neither do charater or monster motivation.... Its just shoty writing. Franco's character is pretty good and also well played but not enough to make this a film worth spending 2chours on.

• Jan 15, 2019

What a mental concept, a bank heist horror film. I don't mind a crazy idea, but it was very predictable.