Woman at War (Kona fer í stríð) Reviews

• Oct 12, 2019

This was one of those films at you become one with. If that doesn't make sense, I apologize. It's hard to explain, sometimes a film can pull you in and make you really feel like you're part of the story. I'm not going to say this is an amazing, groundbreaking film but it definitely was something different. It was smart and offers a compelling look at one woman's drive to save the environment and what it ultimately costs her... (maybe?) I personally loved the music choice (and how they went about incorporating it into the movie. It was subtle yet fun at the same time! Well deserving of a solid 3.5/5 gotta love those Icelandic/Ukrainian films!

• Sep 09, 2019

It opens not-solved debates at the same time it maintains the rhythm of light comedy and, in sometimes, a thriller. Not revolutionary, but original enough to enjoy you. I liked the end.

• Jul 30, 2019

I expected more. The light touch was light indeed, but not particularly funny, and the drama part of it never felt real, due to implausible plot twists. The message barely emerge from it, and while that can be good in some cases, here it was not. Not a bad movie but frankly, forgettable.

• Jul 20, 2019

A film that is thought-provoking and quite original in its theme but mostly in the style of filmmaking.

• Jun 15, 2019

Light and airy while topical and affecting at the same time, the only thing holding it back is a slightly too clean ending.

• Jun 02, 2019

is about an Icelandic woman named "Halla" who tries to balance her activist lifestyle with her desire to adopt a child. ‘Woman at War' lies somewhere between a spy thriller and a melodrama, with a dash of humor and absurdity to take the edge off the serious political message.

• Jun 01, 2019

Gripping drama which is funny and moving. Wonderful acting. I loved every moment of this quirky film.

• May 30, 2019

Must see movie for those of us who care about the Climate Crisis. Inspirational. And funny too.

• May 25, 2019

Thrilling and showcase Iceland landscape and culture into a satisfying conclusion

• May 19, 2019

Great character piece, beautiful cinematography, the camera play & music add a purposefully old timey feel to it that really works. The end of the film goes on for too long after the main story is ended which affects the pacing, but you'd understand why if you watch it.