Wonder Wheel Reviews

• Sep 05, 2019

Interesting and entertaining tragedy. I would not say that I am a Woody Allen fan, but this one was pretty good. Very good acting by the four leading cast members, especially Kate Winslet. I have recently also seen Allens new movie "A Rainy Day in New York", but at this time it is not possible to comment on that movie yet.

• Jul 27, 2019

The ratings here on RT 🍅 and IMDB make no sense to me. This was like being at a Broadway play. Old school production, excellent performances from a top drawer cast, and a good sense of humour as well. Excellent movie.

• Jul 05, 2019

Feels like the same old tricks of Allen but just in such an unispired way

Feels like the same old tricks of Allen but just in such an unispired way

• May 18, 2019

Um ótimo filme. bem fiel ao estilo que Allen deixou como marca. alà (C)m de um roteiro já manjado, como pontos altos temos a sensacional fotografia e a simplicidade de uma história, porà (C)m contada de forma bem evoluída. quanto ao tema, acredito que o filme fala muito da temática da sedução, isto à (C), aquela que "nos tira de nosso próprio caminho". se olharmos cada um dos personagens passa por isso e fica claro principalmente na cena final, quando o garoto não resiste a sua grande vontade de deixar tudo em chamas. Recomendo!

• May 11, 2019

Seemingly great cast and setting. This movie requires a map as all the characters move in different directions causing confusion and crisis. Would probably be better on the stage vice film.

• Mar 02, 2019

Never see a Movie in others eyes. See it you will change your mind for sure..its worth watching and your time.

• Jan 28, 2019

Yes, some of the dialogue was stilted. But I became involved in this film enough to want to write a different ending. It's hard to say what that might be without being a spoiler. I wanted to see ambivalence. I wanted to see the situation played out. Show us! I was dying for something unpredictable and dramatic. The film spent all this time setting up the climax that never comes. Is it cliché to expect characters to change? Are we too cool for that? My writing group would have had a lot of fun with this. What if... SPOILER ALERT ...we didn't know what was going to happen? What if Ginny had run to the restaurant? What if the mobsters were at another table? Would Ginny confront her lover? Come clean to her step-daughter? Walk out? What if Mickey was confronted with a do or die choice? This was his movie after all. Who dies? Who lives? Somebody is not making it out of that restaurant alive. Who helps whom escape out the back window? Who secretly has a gun? Personally, I don't care if Woody is trying to work out his guilt/anger/frustration or whatever for falling in love with his wife's daughter and the aftermath. Actually work it out! Here's your chance. Rip off the bandage! He set up such a great theatrical scene. Grinding to a predictable and pathetic conclusion robs us from the satisfaction of seeing their lives caroming off each other and these events. Coulda been a contender.

• Nov 25, 2018

So wanted to like this movie, but it was just dark. Woodman, I count on you for deep insight, laughs and epiphanies. Depression I can get on my own. That said, I did like the actors a lot. JB - who knew? He was great as Humpty - ps. nice name. Females were beautiful and a joy to watch. JT did a pretty nice job. Good direction, just didn't dig Ginny. Needed to like her - a little to make her work. My work here is done.

• Oct 28, 2018

It was entertaining and melodramatic. Well done. Great cast. I’m not a huge fan of Woody Allen but he managed to keep my interest sustained. I even like the open-ended conclusion.

• Oct 24, 2018